Back Blade choice for Quick Hitch

Cumbres

Equipment
B2910
Jun 4, 2019
Andale, KS
My current back blade will not work with a quick hitch 3 point hitch. Since I am getting tired of the labor of switching the 2 main implements I use, a box blade which is Quick Hitch compatible (Land pride brand)and back blade that isn't, I am looking into replacing my current back blade for a quick hitch compatible one.

The 3 leading ones I am thinking of are:
  • Everything attachments ETA-6-VALUE-SB which allows the blade to be angled in multiple planes.
  • Or a the RB-1672 Land Pride blade which has similar functions.
  • Or a RB-1572 which has fewer adjustments.

I have been drawn to the Everything Attachment blade since they appear to have a good reputation and are often cheaper on their products but they do take significantly longer to get the item. However, I am not in a hurry so that isn't a problem.

So do any of you have comments about any of these blades? Ie things you really like or dislike about them? I appreciate any input you have on these 2 products.

My usage will be light to medium duty. Some work on ditches, some snow removal, and some maintenance work on my gravel driveway. I do not need a super heavy duty model but from what I can see all these products would meet my needs but having an offset and blade tilt is preferable in my mind.

My tractor is a 30 HP B2910.

I am pretty much settled on buying a QH10 from Land Pride as my Quick Hitch. Anyone suggest differently? I reviewed the QH15 but am not sure that it would provide more abilities.

Thanks,

Cumbres

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Re: Back Blade choice for Qucik Hitch

Can I please inquire as what makes your blade not fit the quick hitch? Ive seen it said many times but I dont think Ive seen anyone say what keeps it from working. If you have time and dont mind answering Id kinda like to know.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Cumbres

Equipment
B2910
Jun 4, 2019
Andale, KS
Re: Back Blade choice for Qucik Hitch

Can I please inquire as what makes your blade not fit the quick hitch? Ive seen it said many times but I dont think Ive seen anyone say what keeps it from working. If you have time and dont mind answering Id kinda like to know.

Thanks.
The main issue for this box blade is that there is a solid welded cross member immediately below the pin for the upper arm of the three point. A quick hitch has the top connection with a hook that has to come up underneath the top pin as the lower hooks come up under the lower pins. With a welded piece blocking that access it would take a lot of rework to make it work. Also if I do get the EA blade it will add offset and up/down tilt on the blade which my current blade does not have. I can only angle right or left with it.

I also have a bush hog type cutter that is currently not compatible but the way it is built and also due to the need to have a floating link for the top link it will be much easier to convert to become compatible.

Cumbres