b8200 wont start

eblingbrad@yahoo.com

Equipment
b8200 hst-d
Jun 9, 2010
agency mo.
I had just used my b8200 when i tried to restart it wouldnt no clicking nothing the indicator lights glow and i can jump it at the solenoid but my glow plug and start circuits are dead fuses are good cant find the fuse link anyone got any ideas? By looking at the schematic it doesnt look like the safety sw. Is involved. Any help will be appreciated.

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
I'm taking a guess thinking fusible link or possibly ignition switch?

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
The fusible link supplies power to everything except the starter, so if you have indicators lit the fusible link is good.
I lean to a safety switch let go or became disconnected at that very moment. Seat switch or clutch safety switch are the usual suspects.

eblingbrad@yahoo.com

Equipment
b8200 hst-d
Jun 9, 2010
agency mo.
I dont believe the clutch safety sw. Is in the circuit with the glow plugs as i didnt have to have the clutch in to preheat the engine before this problem im leaning toward the ignition sw. but im not sure if fusible link is in the glow plug circuit or not.

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
I am a little puzzled, I thought you said the indicator glows?
or are you saying the other indicators glow but not the glow-plug indicator?
If the latter is the case it sort of points to the ignition switch.
The fusible links are between battery and everything except the starter motor.
Check the schematic, the battery leads to the starter, then another wire goes from the starter to the ignition switch; that wire should have the fusible link in it. In mine it is labeled connector-1, "cn-1", with just a loop of wire in it.