b8200 rod bearings

fj55-100

Equipment
L 1500 dt
Oct 6, 2009
southwest Utah
so i am going to overhaull the d950 in my new to me b8200 . and the rod bearing in cylinder 2 is rough . i plan to send the crank out to have it machined . but my question is who do i buy the bearings and gaskets from . i dont have a good dealer near by . can anyone sugest a knowledgeable kubota dealer who would know the parts i should need .
thanks
fj55-100

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The guy who grinds your crank can probably supply you with most of the engine parts you will need for that tractor.
Ed

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
You can download a parts manual for that tractor at no charge here: www.tractorsmart.com. You may also buy parts from them. Or ----

Once you have the parts manual, follow this link to parts: http://www.kubotaengine.com/index.html Or -------

Messicks has access to the manual through their parts page on their website (www.messicks.com) and you may also buy parts from them.

Last edited:

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
fj55 :) Ed is spot on and in fact most machine shops won't accept the job unless they have undersize bearings available because they want the tolance to be the recommended clearance for proper lubrication. You say rough surface....:eek: generally, if you can feel uneveness across the journal with your finger nail, it can be machined but if you have a .040" or more gouge :mad: on the journal surface you are pushing your luck :p and may be better served with a reman or brand new Crankshaft. :) Tell us what happens after you get local expertise ( opinions from your machinist ) ;)

fj55-100

Equipment
L 1500 dt
Oct 6, 2009
southwest Utah
Thanks , I got the engine out tonight using the old l1500dt as a engine hoist , I will try to tear it down teusday, . then i will see what the machine shop finds , . Tractors are a new thing to me . but I have been a auto mechanic for 30 years ,20 with Lexus in the countermeasure field tech . some with dodge , and now in partial retirement working for honda .I have seen worse cranks fixed ,but i dont know if kubota bearings have different tollerence than cars use , I dont have the engine manual , but i do have all the wsm and the parts book ,owners manual ,sales flyer . the book did not mention when you remove the engine that the loader frame under the tractor had to be lowered .
I took some pics before i started to work on it , and i will take pics of the damage for the crowd . and some of the build .
My main question is who i should buy the parts from . i really dont like to use non factory parts in any thing i work on .
my best hope so far is to try to fix the crank ,but i did see that wengers sells the crank remaned with bearings . and grain farmer had a crank as well .

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
fj for short... I'd go with a reman for two reasons. (1) it's a seasoned core ( been shocked and heated many cycles ) (2) once the original nitrided micro-sheen surface is machined away the hardened chrome is rockwell tested { repreutable re-manufacturers} and matched with undersized bearings so both wear as equally as possible. If you are an ole mopar man (back in the day)you remember the tri-metal chrysler bearings used on the T4130 cranks and the sucess they enjoyed in the race 426 Hemi blocks during the Ram Charger days. Take lots pictures, make up a procedure for removal and your rebuild can be used as an article to help others. :D