B8200 Ignition Wiring

MPope03

Equipment
B8200D, BF300A, BL4520, Howse Box Blade, Cub Cadet 1650
Jan 1, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
I recently bought a B8200 with FEL and Backhoe. The previous owner used a screwdriver to start the engine. I figured it would be an easy job to change out the ignition switch...... I still think it should have been an easy job. Anyway, I took loose the bolts and screws holding the dash together, and managed to slide the old switch under the console with just enough room to remove the wires and attach them to the new switch. After I attached the wires, I looked under the dash from the engine side and saw a bundle of wires connected to a small circle terminal. I figured it must have been attached to one of the screws I took out of the dash, but can't find any that had a nut on them. Does anyone have a diagram that shows where the grounding point connections on an B8200D are located? I have a shop manual and it doesn't even cover electrical other than charging, starter, or dynamo. Thanks!

MPope03

Equipment
B8200D, BF300A, BL4520, Howse Box Blade, Cub Cadet 1650
Jan 1, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
To follow up, I did figure out the wiring. The bundle of black wires is connected to the right side screw on the manifold heater indicator. There are nuts on the backs of the two screws that hold the indicator and I didn't know it was on there, so it fell away, never to be seen again. I went to Ace Hardware and got all new stainless screws, washers, and nuts for the ignition panel and everything worked out fine. I did find an electrical diagram in my operators manual to verify the connections to the switch. I also found that all the wiring for the lights on the tractor are disconnected and the headlights (and headlight bracket) are not there. So the next project is coming up. I'm going out now to cover all the rust on the fenders with Phosphoric acid to see if I can slow it down some........