B8200 hydraulic pump removal question

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
I need to replace the seal from the hydraulic pump, as I have lots of oil in the crank case. So this is supposed to be relatively easy, in theory, but I sure can't seem to get the thing off. I've removed the supply and return lines, and have taken out the 3 bolts and the 1 nut from the stud, the pump slides backwards, but the plate on the back of the pump hits a welded on nut near the shield attached to the bell housing. The pump needs to slide back about 1/4 inch to fully come off of that top/back stud. Any thoughts????

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Simple???? What a pain in the buttocks! never could get the stupid pump to slide off that dang stud. What a stupid design. I even pulled out the air chisel and beat off that welded on nut by the bell housing. Still needed another 1/8th inch to get the pump off the stud. Don't know why they didn't make that stud 1/4" shorter....sure woulda saved a lot of grief. Just had to pry and grunt to get that pump rotated far enough to get to the seal. Then I had to modify my split ring tool to get to the retaining ring. Finally got it done and put back together. Gotta run it a bit to make sure there are no leaks.

Kubota must have changed something up a bit, 'cause there aint no way that is a 1.5 hr job! Maybe if you have the motor pulled, but not on my tractor.

flh77hd1

Equipment
B8200
Nov 17, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV USA
Had the same problem. i double nutted the stud and backed the stud out and pump slid right out. Put the stud and pump back on the same way. Hope this helps but agree. What a dumb design.