B8200 HST No Drive

Orangegrass

Equipment
B8200 HST
Mar 8, 2020
United kingdom
Hi Guys I have a B8200 HST I had been using with a MMM fitted without any problems. I fitted
a FEL I have refurbished .I moved some big stones and then tried heap some sand , I selected 1st gear and drove
into the sand heap and lifted the bucket , I reversed and no drive, I removed FEL , to reduce weight
and it will creep a few yards and stop in both forward and reverse . Also when creeping it I increase engine speed it stops
moving. I have changed the transmission oil , changed cartridge and mesh filters, checked the relief valves I can find
for debris ,nothing. The PTO is turning. I would be grateful if you advise how to solve the problem.
Regards Orangegrass

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hi Guys I have a B8200 HST I had been using with a MMM fitted without any problems. I fitted
a FEL I have refurbished .I moved some big stones and then tried heap some sand , I selected 1st gear and drove
into the sand heap and lifted the bucket , I reversed and no drive, I removed FEL , to reduce weight
and it will creep a few yards and stop in both forward and reverse . Also when creeping it I increase engine speed it stops
moving. I have changed the transmission oil , changed cartridge and mesh filters, checked the relief valves I can find
for debris ,nothing. The PTO is turning. I would be grateful if you advise how to solve the problem.
Regards Orangegrass
I am highly suspicious of your mechanical clutch. Does the clutch pedal have any free play?

You note that the pto shaft is turning but is it turning when the tractor is refusing to move?

The HST unit is largely self contained so relief pressures have no influence on its operation.

The HST unit and the PTO are both driven by the mechanical clutch.

Dave

Orangegrass

Equipment
B8200 HST
Mar 8, 2020
United kingdom
I am highly suspicious of your mechanical clutch. Does the clutch pedal have any free play?

You note that the pto shaft is turning but is it turning when the tractor is refusing to move?

The HST unit is largely self contained so relief pressures have no influence on its operation.

The HST unit and the PTO are both driven by the mechanical clutch.

Dave
Hi DAVE. When I tried to move the tractor forward , I checked the
prop shaft through the inspection cover on transmission tunnel,
the prop shaft is turning and does not appear to slow when tractor is trying to move forward. The PTO does not change speed also.The clutch pedal has approx 2 inch’s of free travel. When I dip the clutch
the drive shaft stops turning.

rgds orangegrass

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
If it is not the simple easy things like the clutch and all your HST pedal linkage is in place then you are in an area where I cannot advise further.

There are pressure tests that can be done on the HST but I do not see HST diagnosis and repair as a job for someone not experienced in these units.

Dave

Orangegrass

Equipment
B8200 HST
Mar 8, 2020
United kingdom
If it is not the simple easy things like the clutch and all your HST pedal linkage is in place then you are in an area where I cannot advise further.

There are pressure tests that can be done on the HST but I do not see HST diagnosis and repair as a job for someone not experienced in these units.

Dave

Orangegrass

Equipment
B8200 HST
Mar 8, 2020
United kingdom
Hi Dave thanks for your reply. ,I am also coming to the
the idea that it may be beyond the experience I have
to repair..
Without starting another thread how can I get Vic or Wolfman
to look at this problem as these guys seem to have
a lot of technical knowledge of Kubota tractors.
I see you have Nuffield tractor which is bit rare for USA
were many imported?
I also have a Fergie T20 1952 and Ford Dexta 1960

best regards orangegrass

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Hi Dave thanks for your reply. ,I am also coming to the
the idea that it may be beyond the experience I have
to repair..
Without starting another thread how can I get Vic or Wolfman
to look at this problem as these guys seem to have
a lot of technical knowledge of Kubota tractors.
I see you have Nuffield tractor which is bit rare for USA
were many imported?
I also have a Fergie T20 1952 and Ford Dexta 1960

best regards orangegrass
I think the involvement of the two individuals you mentioned is a bit chancy these days with the work involved getting the new forum up and running.

Regardless, if it is not the dry clutch then digging into the guts of an HST unit is not something for Owner's to do.

There were quite a number of Nuffields imported in Canada because in the day they were cheap horsepower.

Dave