B7800 with LA402 Loader Control Valve Problems

Jim K

Equipment
B7800 LA402 Woods RD7200 Woods 7500 Backhoe Mow King Tiller 6'
Aug 21, 2022
Loudon NH
I have posted a few months back on this problem. Problem - control valve that came on equipment had issues where it was very jerky and would freeze up in winter. I had a mechanic work on it and he thawed it out and drilled holes in caps on bottom of spools. But the damage was done, still jerky. I replaced it with an after market Chief loader valve with float (220954) which changed problems 3 pt hitch stopped working and power beyond as well. Didn't realized because I only use power beyond when I put backhoe on. I got frustrated and finally took it to a dealer to repair, after $3100 in parts and labor it still does not work but they say its the control valve I bought is an open center valve and the Kubota LA402 uses a closed center. They wanted me to pay another $2000 to have a Kubota valve installed. So I picked up my tractor and cut my losses with them guessing.

My problem is I have not found an after market valve that has closed center and power beyond as well as 2 spools and the float on one spool. Anybody ever replaced their LA402 loader valve with after market and had success?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have posted a few months back on this problem. Problem - control valve that came on equipment had issues where it was very jerky and would freeze up in winter. I had a mechanic work on it and he thawed it out and drilled holes in caps on bottom of spools. But the damage was done, still jerky. I replaced it with an after market Chief loader valve with float (220954) which changed problems 3 pt hitch stopped working and power beyond as well. Didn't realized because I only use power beyond when I put backhoe on. I got frustrated and finally took it to a dealer to repair, after $3100 in parts and labor it still does not work but they say its the control valve I bought is an open center valve and the Kubota LA402 uses a closed center. They wanted me to pay another $2000 to have a Kubota valve installed. So I picked up my tractor and cut my losses with them guessing.

My problem is I have not found an after market valve that has closed center and power beyond as well as 2 spools and the float on one spool. Anybody ever replaced their LA402 loader valve with after market and had success?
That is BS. The loader does not use a closed center valve. Are you SURE that is what they said? It does seem your replacement loader valve is likely the problem.

Dan

Jim K

Equipment
Aug 21, 2022
Loudon NH
That is BS. The loader does not use a closed center valve. Are you SURE that is what they said? It does seem your replacement loader valve is likely the problem.

Dan
That is why I picked up the tractor. They had something else new they wanted to try ever time I went it. They hardly ever called I had to stop by to catch someone to talk to about it. Worst part is they sell Kubota products at several of their locations. Never again will I take anything there. I will drive the extra 25 miles to the next closest dealer.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That is why I picked up the tractor. They had something else new they wanted to try ever time I went it. They hardly ever called I had to stop by to catch someone to talk to about it. Worst part is they sell Kubota products at several of their locations. Never again will I take anything there. I will drive the extra 25 miles to the next closest dealer.
So about ypur tractor problem - did you buy the power beyond sleeve to go with your Chief valve? If you hooked it up without installing the sleeve you wont have a 3pt or power beyond for the hoe.

Dan

Jim K

Equipment
Aug 21, 2022
Loudon NH
Have not been able to find one for the Chief valve. Still looking.

So about ypur tractor problem - did you buy the power beyond sleeve to go with your Chief valve? If you hooked it up without installing the sleeve you wont have a 3pt or power beyond for the hoe.

Dan

Jim K

Equipment
Aug 21, 2022
Loudon NH
Just found it on Surplus Center out of Nebraska. Ordered it and should have it by Thursday.

Just to confirm I put this in the power beyond port on side of valve and install hose to other valve on top port above where I put the sleeve? I don't think I would have room enough to put hose to sleeve, loader frame real close.

Jim

Have not been able to find one for the Chief valve. Still looking.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Just found it on Surplus Center out of Nebraska. Ordered it and should have it by Thursday.

Just to confirm I put this in the power beyond port on side of valve and install hose to other valve on top port above where I put the sleeve? I don't think I would have room enough to put hose to sleeve, loader frame real close.

Jim
You install it in the N port on the side of the valve. The sleeve should be connected to the hose going to the backhoe.

Dan

Jim K

Equipment
Aug 21, 2022
Loudon NH
You install it in the N port on the side of the valve. The sleeve should be connected to the hose going to the backhoe.

Dan
I havent got the proper sleeve in yet but I found a fitting that fit in and blocked the return change in the valve casting. The three point hitch works now! But when I tried to hook up the backhoe the valve on it get fluid but not at enough pressure to make it work properly. So I will wait for the proper sleeve to come in. Thanks for the suggestions last night Dan, at least I can see I am headed in the right direction. $38 for a sleeve beats $1500 for new Kubota valve.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I havent got the proper sleeve in yet but I found a fitting that fit in and blocked the return change in the valve casting. The three point hitch works now! But when I tried to hook up the backhoe the valve on it get fluid but not at enough pressure to make it work properly. So I will wait for the proper sleeve to come in. Thanks for the suggestions last night Dan, at least I can see I am headed in the right direction. $38 for a sleeve beats $1500 for new Kubota valve.
Quite welcome - hope that sleeve fits and fixes your problem.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user