B7800 with exhaust stack, and muffler removed

descanso1

Equipment
b7800, rtv
Dec 23, 2013
descanso, ca(southern Ca.)
B7800 with exhaust stack, and Harley muffler installed

Some one commented "Would look really good with an exhaust stack on the other side." on the post where I modified the intake and air filter on my B7800. So I did it, removed the removed the muffler and tail pipe and replaced it with a straight through system, home made out of scrap metals (cost 0.00). Now it looks and sounds like a real tractor...... See post no. 8 for updates... and new pictures.:D

Last edited:

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Looks good, just keep in mind that the motor shakes back and forth a bit and that will cause stress and strain on either your welds or the manifold. I don't know how much that cast manifold is but I wouldn't want to have to replace it.

Can you post up a video with sound of the tractor without muffler? My B9200 is pretty damn loud WITH the muffler, I can't imagine how loud it would be without!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Agree with billdog, looks good but will cause cracks somewhere. If you could get one of those flexible connectors from front wheel drive vehicles and insert it on that first section after the manifold, it might not crack.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The cracks and stresses will be caused because it's attached it to the loader, The loader vibrates and flexes independently of the motor, frame of the tractor, put some kind if rubber connector on the connection to loader frame to help aleviate that problem.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Additionally all of that leverage 3+ ft away from the 4 bolt flange is sure to cause issues. Even without the loader frame mount or with that rubber mounted, you're talking about SERIOUS torque/vibration away from the flange.

descanso1

Equipment
b7800, rtv
Dec 23, 2013
The cracks and stresses will be caused because it's attached it to the loader, The loader vibrates and flexes independently of the motor, frame of the tractor, put some kind if rubber connector on the connection to loader frame to help aleviate that problem.
Still in the development stages, I do agree that it does need more support and possibly a flexible connector after the manifold, also the sound is pretty loud when operating, so I am going to figure our some way to baffle it down a little. The tractor seems like it has a little more power though, it does not bog down as easy...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking your work!
The concept and look are great, just trying to keep you from an expensive repair down the line.

If you use thin wall pipe that will greatly reduce the stress that the pipe can have on the flange and manifold.
I'm getting ready to do something similar to my L3450 as it has an aftermarket under the axle pipe and I hate it, blows smoke at me while blading and snow blowing.
The stock under the hood muffler is $500 so that's not happening, besides why have all that heat under the hood.

descanso1

Equipment
b7800, rtv
Dec 23, 2013
I modified the new exhaust to take care of a few problems like vibration that could possibly crack the manifold and the loud sound... Took my original mods to a muffler shop I had used in the past and he came up with a flexible connector and he had a used muffler off of a Harley, he modified every thing and I made new bracing for it and added a rain cap, I think it looks great and sounds good now. Very happy with it... I guess I will have to change the RTV over next...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I always though my old HD mufflers could be used for something,,lol