B7800 no start issue

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a B- 7800 Kubota tracktor with almost 800 hrs. Does any one know if doing the 800 hour valve maintenance on it is very involved, or my have done it themselves? I want to try, but intermediated. Need support! It is a great tractor.
Like most maintenance procedures it is not complicated but needs to be done properly or expensive damage will be caused.

Read the attached WSM page and see if you fully understand it.

If it seems confusing, best to have someone help you the first time.

Done wrong you can seriously damage the engine.

When doing this adjustment do not use the starter. Turn the engine by hand so you will notice any contact between a valve and a piston before serious damage is done.

Dave

p.s. Rather than posting on any B7800 thread, best to start your own or your issue will get lost

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Soloved

Equipment
Kabota B- 7800
Mar 13, 2021
Sylva, NC
Like most maintenance procedures it is not complicated but needs to be done properly or expensive damage will be caused.

Read the attached WSM page and see if you fully understand it.

If it seems confusing, best to have someone help you the first time.

Done wrong you can seriously damage the engine.

When doing this adjustment do not use the starter. Turn the engine by hand so you will notice any contact between a valve and a piston before serious damage is done.

Dave

p.s. Rather than posting on any B7800 thread, best to start your own or your issue will get lost
Thanks, yes that does look intimidating, though I do all my own mechanic work (as much as possible). Wish I knew some one close to Waynesville, NC area that would not charge as much as Kubota wants! I tryed to "start my own posting", but dont know what they mean by "add two reference name's". Any way thanks again Dave.

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thanks, yes that does look intimidating, though I do all my own mechanic work (as much as possible). Wish I knew some one close to Waynesville, NC area that would not charge as much as Kubota wants! I tryed to "start my own posting", but dont know what they mean by "add two reference name's". Any way thanks again Dave.
Many communities have "mobile mechanics". People who come to you to do repairs. Do a little searching in your area.
They serve broken down trucks but also go to factories to service equipment.

There have also been cases where other forum members living nearby have helped.

Dave

Brinet

Dec 15, 2019
House
Soloved, I'm not far from you in WNC and may be able to help.

Send me a message with contact info if you need assistance or guidance.