B7510 w/broken Neutral Holder Link

rbcsaver

Equipment
B7510
Jul 10, 2009
NE PA
My 5 yr old 7510 died in the driveway with FEL and Bus Hog both in down position.
It comes down to something in the "Neutral Holder Link" mechanism being broken. I can **temporarily** bypassed the switch for now and got the tractor to run, but the pedal doesn't return to neutral so it will keep moving.

Problem is I don't see any access, to make repairs. A tech told me by telephone that access is from underneath. I don't have a mowing deck on and when I look underneath, all I see is gray steel. I don't have a trailer to get it to the dealer, so if I can fix it myself, that would be optimum. I do have a shop manual on order, but it won't arrive here for a week or 2.

If you look at the pic, all that I can see is that part 140 no longer slides into the round barrel on bracket 150, which then pushes on cutoff B101XX. All of the other parts are inside the gray steel frame. Does anyone know if they have to pull the tranny for this fix or is there really access?

Any help or ideas on accessing and repairing this would be greatly appreciated.
I really need this on my Vacation, while trying to get things done.
regards,
Steve

Hopefully, an expert here can be of help, but in the mean time my shop manual arrived this PM.

Attachments

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
It is totally accessable fron underneath.sounds like the spring has came of/ broken. Incidentally, I have has some problems with 140 coming disengaged from part 010 or rattling.to fix it I slip a piece of 3/8 fuel hose over 140 just below the 90 degree bend to hold it more firmly in place.
Ed

rbcsaver

Equipment
B7510
Jul 10, 2009
NE PA
Re: B7510 w/broken Neutral Holder Link, a followup "resolution"

Because "eserv" said it was accessible from "underneath" I removed the Bush Hog mower and drove the tractor down to my garage. The forward-reverse pedal was unchanged from my original post on Tractorbynet and here. Midrear jack, R axle jackstand for safety and removed the right rear tire was (again). I crawled underneath and once again, all I could see was gray steel plates (see pics). While I couldn't see a dang thing, except the external linkage under the step, I was reaching up and pushing on the forward pedal while looking with a light from underneath to see something that moves. About the 4th time I did this, the pedal felt different and returned to neutral position. I looked at the switch, and low and behold the rod was through the holder bracket and working normally. Other than Kubota "repair fairies", the only thought I have is that when I greased zerk fitting in the forward-reverse pedal, that the grease pressure locked something up.

However, all is currently well, and I changed the HST Super UDT fluid and all filters since I'm at 514 hrs. Changed the engine oil and filter, though that was only at 50 hrs.

Howerver, I still don't see to get access to this linkage through all that gray steel.
regards,
Steve

Attachments

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I didn't say it was easy! Kubota have tucked a lot of components in there!
The bracket (150) is held on with two bolts. They come out and the bracket, pushrod and safety switch can be wiggled out. Then with patience, good luck and dexterity the rest of the parts can be worked on! Gives you a greater appreciation for what we mechanics face every day, doesn't it?
LOL
Ed

rbcsaver

Equipment
B7510
Jul 10, 2009
NE PA
I didn't say it was easy! Kubota have tucked a lot of components in there! The bracket (150) is held on with two bolts. They come out and the bracket, pushrod and safety switch can be wiggled out. Then with patience, good luck and dexterity the rest of the parts can be worked on! Gives you a greater appreciation for what we mechanics face every day, doesn't it?
LOL
Ed
Thus the bill that reads, Parts $12.35, labor $239 and the fact that engineers don't have to work on the stuff they create.
But I'm glad that the repair fairies fixed it for me.
Steve

Last edited: