B7510 Hydraulic Pressure Adjustment?

Racerwannabe

Equipment
B7510 w/LA302 FEL, Titan clamp-on forks & Woods BH75 with custom hydraulic thumb
Nov 3, 2015
Nashua NH
So I've read in multiple posts about the procedure to measure and adjust the hydraulic pressure on the BX's, most recently here:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22392

Anybody happen to know if the same or similar procedure will work for a B7510? Will pickup a pressure gauge if it's as easy to adjust to the 7510 as the BX's...

Tried the forum search, but no joy:confused:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I have been around a few of these...B2400's, B2100's, B7300/7500/7510/7610, etc. Few of them, owners thought it would be a good idea to crank the pressure up on the hydraulic system, not knowing what they're doing. It's really easy to do in all honesty, and makes the FEL work great. BUT the problem with them is that they don't have a real position control valve in the 3 point lift. As such, when you pull the lever to raise the hitch, the cylinder goes all the way up the bore and once it reaches the far end, the linkage is supposed to push the lift lever back to "neutral" position. If it is out of adjustment, or an operator holds the lever in the "up" position, combined with a little bouncing of an implement, the entire hydraulic cylinder can break, explode. I've seen several. Not cheap, and potentially hazardous.

Keep the PSI at the maximum factory allowance, no more. Remember it is measured with rated engine RPM (maximum speed), not at idle.

I have encountered some people who wanted me to raise the pressure at idle, but it also raises it at high idle. So if, at idle, it's 2000 psi (don't remember the factory spec), and the owner wants it to raise faster or with more power at idle, and wants 500 psi more, then at rated engine RPM it might bury the 3000 psi gauge, while only being 2200 at idle. Just examples, but you get the idea. Before I left, I would have someone ask me to increase the psi beyond factory spec for better performance, and I just had to run them out of the shop. Our customer's safety was a lot more important than saving them a couple seconds waiting for the lift to pick up a load.

Racerwannabe

Equipment
B7510 w/LA302 FEL, Titan clamp-on forks & Woods BH75 with custom hydraulic thumb
Nov 3, 2015
Nashua NH
Great-thanks guys. Just want to make sure the machine is performing optimally, WITHIN the factory specs. My intention is to set to factory recommended max pressure at rated RPM. Not trying to make it into something it's not!