B7500 setting for mowing

JanetB

Equipment
Kubota b7500 tractor
Aug 20, 2022
Johnson City TN
I have a B7500 with a belly mower. I would like to know what the settings are for mowing. Where should I set the RPM's and should I use high or low gear for mowing? I use it to mow pasture with grass that is moderately high or sometimes very high.

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
I have a B7500 with a belly mower. I would like to know what the settings are for mowing. Where should I set the RPM's and should I use high or low gear for mowing? I use it to mow pasture with grass that is moderately high or sometimes very high.
JanetB - The mmm on a B7500 is not my choice for cutting pasture grass, but I have done it on a regular basis, and now use it only occasionally. Run engine at PTO speed (~2,600 rpm), low range, and highest setting, or better yet, pinned up in transport position. PTO selector in mid pto position (not rear pto). Watch your temperature gauge closely. My grille, radiator filter, shutter plate, and radiator need to be cleaned often, sometimes every 1/2 hour.

There is a decal on the mower showing the settings for the front wheels, the rear wheels and the gauge wheel. This Information is also in the mmm operator manual, if you have one.

Reactions: 1 user

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
I almost hate to say anything after Rusty46's extremely good post, but as a devil's advocate...

If you're mowing grass that you don't care what it looks like, you can spin the mower as slow as you want as long as it still 'cuts the grass'. On my B6100/7100s with 3pto speeds I have mowed in high range, 3rd gear (top gear!), and 3rd pto speed, with engine doing maybe 1500rpm loafing along. It will go 5mph and 'cut grass' while not making a ton of noise that way. That's if the grass is not thick and you don't care how 'nicely' it is cut. I just want to see snakes before i step on them, that's about my standard for grass cutting.😂

So you may not have to go all the way to 2600rpm to get an acceptable result. Just putting that out there.