B7500/LA 302 hydraulic questions

11Z6O6C

Equipment
B7500/LA302
Mar 30, 2021
Massachusetts
Hello all. I have fitted a 30-year-old Fisher 6 ½ foot plow to my HST B7500. I have a few questions I would like to get some input on.

I would like to use the tractors hydraulic system to operate the plow.

The tractor has a LA302 FEL. The control manifold/hydraulic block for the FEL is a B03501. I do not think I can use the FEL control manifold directly to operate the plow because the FEL uses double acting hydraulic cylinders, and the plow uses single acting cylinders. I have the original control manifold for the plow. All I need to do is get a hydraulic line with constant pressure and another one that will return to reservoir connected to the original plow manifold.

Question 1: Of the 3 lines coming into the LA 302 control manifold which is the constant pressure, and which is the return to reservoir?

Question 2: is the return line pressure relatively low (10-20 psi)?

I will flush the plows hydraulic system with Kubota UDT2 prior to connecting to tractors hydraulic system. I am thinking of installing an in-line filter on the return side to ensure nothing that has made its way into the plow system over the last 30 years gets into the Kubota.

Question 3: what is a good in-line filter that would fit this application?

Thanks in advance for answers/advice 😊
DSCN0598.JPG

kenrevo

Equipment
B9200
Oct 28, 2019
MA
You should be able to use the FEL valve for the plow. The plow has 2 single acting cylinders thus 2 hoses, flow goes in one and out the other; that is the same for a double acting cylinder.

I'm not sure about your tractor but you might have the regen circuit on the dump side of the spool which might cause an issue, some of the newer tractor have a bypass so they can be used with a hydraulic motor for rotation on a snowblower. The regen is to control the dumping of the bucket

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
The tractor has a LA302 FEL. The control manifold/hydraulic block for the FEL is a B03501. I do not think I can use the FEL control manifold directly to operate the plow because the FEL uses double acting hydraulic cylinders, and the plow uses single acting cylinders.
😊 View attachment 57209
The LA302 was sold with 2 possible control valves. The base model valve has a 3 position dump. (the side to side notion of the joystick has 3 positions) If you have that valve on the loader you are correct, it will not work to angle the plow.
If your valve is the optional 4 position dump (the side to side motion has 4 positions) then it will operate the 2 single acting cylinders to angle the plow. You connect one hose to each of the angle cylinders and they act together just like a double acting cylinder as long as you push the joystick into the far right position when you want the plow to angle that way. I can't tell from your picture which valve you have.

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I have a B7500HST with the LA302 loader, I live in NJ and while we do not get a lot of snow every season we do get the occasional year we get good amounts, I think that the 6 1/2ft blade may be just a little bit too much width for a B7500 to push if you get more than 6-8 inches of snow, Dry fluffy snow may be ok but if you get heavy wet snow like we get here I think you are going to be having problems.
Just my opinion,
You are putting a 6 1/2' snow plow on a machine that had a 48" loader bucket on it.

You can try it and if it is too much you can always cut 6"-8" off each end of the plow

11Z6O6C

Equipment
B7500/LA302
Mar 30, 2021
Massachusetts
Gentlemen,

Thanks much for the information. After reading the replies I attached the plow hydraulic lines directly to the FEL control manifold. Up/down worked fine but side to side would push to one side but not return no matter how I connected the lines. As Kubotasam mentioned I have the 3 position side position FEL control manifold which explains why it will not work the plow cylinders side to side. Early on I answered question 1 for myself. After cleaning off the FEL control manifold I found the markings stamped in the manifold body listing each lines function. I had two short lines made up to link them from the tractor to the plow control valve that is temporarily hung on the FEL/grill framework near the front of the tractor. After flushing the lines and cylinders I started the tractor and tested…SUCCESS!

I agree the 6 ½ foot plow may overmatch the tractors ability to push especially if the snow is wet and heavy. When next winter rolls around I will take it easy to start to try and get a feel for what the tractor is comfortable with.

Thanks again all for the input & advice