B7500 Hydraulic fluid/filter change confusion

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
I am trying to catch up on maintenance on my B7500 HST.

I looked up the hydro filter in my parts manual, and ordered the filter. The parts manual only shows one filter. I only ordered one. As I am about to do the job I noted that there's two, one on each side.

Are these both the same and are they both for hydraulic fluid? Is there then two drains and two filters? If that's the case is there also two "strainers" that need to be cleaned out?

I think my parts book is for manual transmission, which is why I am so confused. It was the only parts book available online for this tractor.

I have to go to the dealer tomorrow or thursday to get a fuel pump so I want to make sure I get everything I need to change this fluid. Also, the operator manual states 3.04 gallons of UDT, would this still hold true if there are two sides to the hydraulics? Or would it be double.

Thanks

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
First off the hydrostat filter is on the left and the hydraulic is on the right. The hydro filter has more filtering power or microns. HST filter hh660-36060 hydraulic filter hh670-37710.

It also shows a strainer, should be a large pipe with what appears to be a big bolt going through the center of the banjo.

Drain the lowest drain spot on the differential, that get most of the oil out of the trans as well. If it has plugs on the bull gear or final drives you should pull another quart between the two.

Pat

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
For parts diagram use the one on Kubota.com under illustrated parts list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
First off the hydrostat filter is on the left and the hydraulic is on the right. The hydro filter has more filtering power or microns. HST filter hh660-36060 hydraulic filter hh670-37710.

It also shows a strainer, should be a large pipe with what appears to be a big bolt going through the center of the banjo.

Drain the lowest drain spot on the differential, that get most of the oil out of the trans as well. If it has plugs on the bull gear or final drives you should pull another quart between the two.

Pat
THanks Pat.

I have the WSM and ops manual and it is completely vague about this.

I ordered and have the hh670-37710 filter. Do the hydrostat and the hydraulic share the same fluid? All I got was 4 gallons of Super UDT2 and I had planned to do the hydraulic and the hydrostat and the front axles with that (it should be the right amount). Now I am even more confused. I did look up on Kubota.com parts diagram and found that I need hh660-36060 for the left side (I have that written down on my pad here), so thanks for verifying that I am not insane :)

I am having a real learning experience working on this thing. Reviewing again the WSM and Operations manual, it would appear that I need to drain it, change both filters, and refill it - they share the fluid. Let me know if I am wrong here.

Regards,

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Yes, they share the same fluid along with; power steering, implement lift ( which should lowered when changing fluid) and loader if equipped.

Pat

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
How many hours do you have on the tractor??

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
my parts manual is for a gear drive. I just need to use Kubota's parts reference. Tractor has 1625 hours with unknown maintenance.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine

Pat
There is also a drain plug on what Kubota refers to as the "front transmission case". I would describe it as a gear case on the back of the clutch housing. When you fill the rear diff and transmission case, it fills the front through a little tube but I guess not all of the old oil will come out unless you pull the drain plug. I think it is shown as part 160 in the kubota clutch housing diagram. This is a different plug than the water drain on the bottom of the clutch housing. It is shown page 65 of my B7500 operators manual. I have not actually done this because i just bought this B7500 tractor. Actually it is the same as my B2410 so I have pulled the drain on the front transmission housing. Not much oil came out but if you want to do a complete change you do need to pull that plug as well as the 3 in the back.

Last edited: