B7500 HSD with RCK60-24B mower deck won't lift high enough

tthorson

Equipment
B7500 HSD-F
Sep 3, 2012
Cedarburg, WI
I bought my first tractor this May. I bought it used with 550 hrs. I have all the manuals and have been trying to learn all the ins and outs of it.

My mower deck doesn't lift up high enough. It is over an inch short of the stop height shown in the manual. The front gauge wheels still touch the ground at a 4" cut height.
The front link is at the recommended length of 19-7/8".
The rear connecting rods are at the recommended length of 24-13/32".
The 3pt lift rods are connected to the farther out holes on the lower links.
I have turf tires: 23 x 8.5 - 12NHS front, 33 x 12.5 - 15NHS rear.

The 3pt lower links seem to lift plenty high. Is there any measurement or recomendation as to how high they should lift?

I seem to have plenty of travel of the lift arm, but most of the travel is not used. It just moves in the slot of the lift link, while the mower deck is on the ground.

It seems like I should adjust the length of the rear connecting rods. I am concerned that it is so far off from the recommended length. Am I missing something?

I tried to adjust the rear connecting rod lengths. I got the lock nut loose, with a lot of effort, but the turnbuckle is not moving. I took one connecting rod off of the tractor. It doesn't look very corroded, but it is not moving. I have been soaking it with PB Blaster and heating it with a torch. I actually broke threaded rod on the short end between the turnbuckle and the clevis.

While I am waiting for a new connecting rod, I thought I would do more reasearch.

What am I missing? Help!

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
My mower deck doesn't lift up high enough. It is over an inch short of the stop height shown in the manual. The front gauge wheels still touch the ground at a 4" cut height.
The front link is at the recommended length of 19-7/8".
The rear connecting rods are at the recommended length of 24-13/32".
The 3pt lift rods are connected to the farther out holes on the lower links.
I have turf tires: 23 x 8.5 - 12NHS front, 33 x 12.5 - 15NHS rear.
tthorson - I had the same problem with my B7500 and RCK60-24B. My problem was with the adjustment of the rear connecting rods. I am attaching two threads from TractorByNet that describe the problem and adjustment.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/.../25870-rck60-24b-mmm-operating-transport.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/28459-b-b7500-hst-50-hr.html

BTW, I am Rusty in the two threads. I hope this helps!