B7500 forklift attachment

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Here's a forklift attachment that I made for my B7500HST a few years ago.
I wanted something that would work with both the 3 point and the loader. It has a lift capacity of about 700# on the loader and 1500# on the 3 point.
I also have a CAD drawing with dimensions, but this site won't allow me to upload it.

Attachments

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Thanks guys! I figured out a way to get the drawing uploaded if you want to copy my dimensions. They are for an LA302 loader so if your loader is different you may have to adjust things accordingly.
One comment also.....
You might want to make the height of the forks a bit shorter. The 25-1/2" dimension allows the forks to reach the ground when the 3 point is all the way down. That's probably about 3" more than you really need. I added a second lift point to mine that is 6" lower to get more lift height on the loader.

Attachments

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Nice work. How long does it take you to remove the bucket and install the fork plate? I have considered doing something like this as my bucket forks are often limiting my capability just from being so far forward of the pins.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Nice work. How long does it take you to remove the bucket and install the fork plate? I have considered doing something like this as my bucket forks are often limiting my capability just from being so far forward of the pins.
The forks are actually a bit easier to install than the bucket. I used top link pins and spring clips for the forklift, so it's a bit easier to line up the holes in the pins.
It usually takes about 15 minutes to do the swap and requires a line-up punch and a hammer to deal with getting the pins in the right place.
Mounting it on the 3 point isn't any different than other attachments and it's light enough to manhandle into place.