B7500 DIARY

OLD GAR

Equipment
MF210, FORD 8N, BIG TEX CH18,
Aug 3, 2015
ZWOLLE
In this B7500 diary, I'll introduce Old dog w/2500hours, beat up but runs once it starts. I know! I know! but below 70* the first start takes a puff of - - - - ! I just recently acquired another B7500 that starts like a dream. It came with 540hours and just testing, even at 50* it will start without GP but takes 30 seconds longer cranking. This newest addition has no FEL and as soon as I get my courage up I want to swap the one off the old dog. It has the lA272 fel which is a quick dismount. But I've never had it off in 10 years! I haven't done a intensive search yet but wonder about the hydraulic ports on this newer (2004) machine. No manuals or info to direct me.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
In this B7500 diary, I'll introduce Old dog w/2500hours, beat up but runs once it starts. I know! I know! but below 70* the first start takes a puff of - - - - ! I just recently acquired another B7500 that starts like a dream. It came with 540hours and just testing, even at 50* it will start without GP but takes 30 seconds longer cranking. This newest addition has no FEL and as soon as I get my courage up I want to swap the one off the old dog. It has the lA272 fel which is a quick dismount. But I've never had it off in 10 years! I haven't done a intensive search yet but wonder about the hydraulic ports on this newer (2004) machine. No manuals or info to direct me.
Tractordata.com says the B7500 was made in 2000 to 20023.

My point being perhaps your tractors are more similar than you think.

If you post some photos of where the hydraulics for the loader on the old tractor connect into the system and the same area on the new tractor perhaps some intelligent comments can be provided.

Dave

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
You will need to bring your power beyond cover over to the new machine with the hydraulic lines and the valve. Switch the cover to the one with all your hoses. Hope it works for you. My B7500 was much like your older one. It got to where it just didn't have the compression anymore to start. Somewhere it is being rebuilt or the loader will possibly come up for sale somewhere.

I had planned to do what you have done, and I chickened out last minute and bought a b2910 of same era that's a little bigger and more powerful. Hope to see pics of the progress!

OLD GAR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2015
ZWOLLE
You will need to bring your power beyond cover over to the new machine with the hydraulic lines and the valve. Switch the cover to the one with all your hoses. Hope it works for you. My B7500 was much like your older one. It got to where it just didn't have the compression anymore to start. Somewhere it is being rebuilt or the loader will possibly come up for sale somewhere.

I had planned to do what you have done, and I chickened out last minute and bought a b2910 of same era that's a little bigger and more powerful. Hope to see pics of the progress!
About 8 months ago I bought a BX2350 with a FEL and a 60inch mid mount mower. It was, I suppose, like all of that model. HST and weak hydraulics. I just failed to get used to the pedal arrangement so off it went! I did like the mower but this newer B7500 came with a 3 point Land Pride finish mower so I'll get along just fine now with the clutch and brake pedals in the normal location!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Drewzee87t did you a great favor posting a link to that free LA272 loader manual. On pg S15 is the instructions for disassembly/assembly....i

Last edited:

OLD GAR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2015
ZWOLLE
About 8 months ago I bought a BX2350 with a FEL and a 60inch mid mount mower. It was, I suppose, like all of that model. HST and weak hydraulics. I just failed to get used to the pedal arrangement so off it went! I did like the mower but this newer B7500 came with a 3 point Land Pride finish mower so I'll get along just fine now with the clutch and brake pedals in the normal location!
Drewzee87t did you a great favor posting a link to that free LA272 loader manual. On pg S15 is the instructions for disassembly/assembly....i
YES! Thanks - Drewzee87t - for the link! Pages S6 and S7 gives the vitals on removing the FEL from my rig! It now gives me courage* to proceed with the transfer of the LA272 support frame, hydraulic controls from Old Dog to his new brother! :)>
*May take a couple of friends (George are you there) and a couple of cases of Shiner!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

YES! Thanks - Drewzee87t - for the link! Pages S6 and S7 gives the vitals on removing the FEL from my rig! It now gives me courage* to proceed with the transfer of the LA272 support frame, hydraulic controls from Old Dog to his new brother! :)>
*May take a couple of friends (George are you there) and a couple of cases of Shiner!
Do you have any friends? More than one? Shiner won’t get it. Fuller’s London Ale might.