B7300HST ball bearing on drain plug near filter?

Kubbie

Equipment
B7300
Sep 3, 2016
Slatington, PA USA
I'm acquiring my dad's 1999 B7300HST; dad went into the care home for dementia; very sad but mom is looking to unload his tools.
When I hooked the FEL back up, I noticed the hydraulic fluid was low. I (over)filled it with Kubota Super UDT. I quickly realized my mistake and went to drain a bit out (manual was unavailable, since found.) I noticed there were drain plugs on both sides of the rear diff, one by the driveshaft that goes to the front, and then? one on the HST oil filter housing. This is the one I removed first- just a bit of a trickle came out, but a ball bearing about 1/4" fell out into the drain pan. The drain plug was about 2" long, with a spring on the end. I figured it was some sort of check valve, so I reinstalled the drain plug with the ball bearing on top of it. Did I do this right? There was no mention of this drain plug in the owners manual, I do not have the shop manual. I'm just concerned I did it wrong.
So I did end up draining some hydraulic fluid from the front center plug, near the driveshaft. The level on the dipstick looks good, but the bucket hydraulics seem weak. I'm used to the hydraulics on my New Holland TC33D, which has nearly twice the horsepower. Suggestions? Thanks. -Matt

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
That likely was a pressure relief valve.
Usually there are a couple drain plugs on the lowest points of the transmission housing.