B7300 steering box (manual steering)

Roll

Equipment
B7300
Dec 14, 2016
Central Ohio
While I have the steering column and shaft out (replacing the lower bearing and upper grommet as well as cleaning everything up) I thought I would check the oil in the steering box.

It's fairly clean, good sign, but I realize I have no way to know if it has an adequate amount of oil. According to my WSM the capacity of the box is .21 quarts. Not much. Yet the oil level is down from the check plug on top by two inches.

Kubota has a special oil or I can use SAE 80 or 90 the manual says.

Any idea of approximately how full the box should be?

I don't have time at the moment to drain the box and refill it.

Thanks for any help,

Roll

Last edited by a moderator:

Roll

Equipment
B7300
Dec 14, 2016
Central Ohio
I'm guessing the answer is not well known.

I contacted the local dealer and spoke to the Service Manager who didn't know and passed me on to their tech. He wasn't sure but promised a call back. He called about an hour later with the information. His name was Tyler and I suspect I'll be contacting him again. :)

That Manual steering box has no check plug; the only plug is on top of the box. He suggested that I add SAE 80W90 to a level 1 inch below the fill hole.

Roll

KuB2650

May 11, 2016
NEPA
That sounds right from what I remember. We filled our box with straight Lucas oil. If you ever need help rebuilding it I have tones of experience with them. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk