B7300 Radiator problem

67Truckin

Equipment
BX1800D
May 25, 2016
Pleasant Plains
I'm working on an older B7300 tractor that is having a radiator problem again. The top hose outlet has either worn away or corroded a 3/4" gap the length of the outlet that the radiator hose slides onto and clamps. I replaced the radiator 11 years ago due to this same problem. Anyone know what is causing this to happen and who is a good online site to order another radiator from? :confused: I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Only thing i can think of is old coolant. It has a lifespan for the water pump lubricant and corrosion inhibitors. Corroded from inside out or outside in?
Is rad in decent enough shape to have bung replaced?

67Truckin

Equipment
BX1800D
May 25, 2016
Pleasant Plains
Only thing i can think of is old coolant. It has a lifespan for the water pump lubricant and corrosion inhibitors. Corroded from inside out or outside in?
Is rad in decent enough shape to have bung replaced?
I wondered about the coolant. It has the green kind in it. Can't weld in a new bung as the radiator tanks are plastic on a aluminum core. I'm not sure but I think it has corroded/broke the plastic bung from the inside.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I figured when you mentioned corroded it was brass.odd the same thing happened twice. No repairing that. Switch to a universal long life coolant,as green stuff is good for 2 years. If it was my rad, i would attempt to machine a bung that threaded inside and epoxy it in. Nothing to lose as you cant wreck it any more than it is.