B7300 hydraulics relief valve location?

TimberwolfFXDL

Equipment
B7300 with some implements/attachments
Sep 8, 2020
Battle Creek, MI
forgive my ignorance... but I've looked all over and can't seem find the relief valve.

I bought a pressure test kit, shims, and now need to locate the appropriate relief valve.

The tractor has 850 hours and I'm guessing has never been tested and reset.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
forgive my ignorance... but I've looked all over and can't seem find the relief valve.

I bought a pressure test kit, shims, and now need to locate the appropriate relief valve.

The tractor has 850 hours and I'm guessing has never been tested and reset.
Do you have a loader? You do not mention one.

Why do you think your hydraulic pressure is too low?

Often novices can get into serious problems making these adjustments.

Do you have any rear remotes.

Dave

TimberwolfFXDL

Equipment
Sep 8, 2020
Battle Creek, MI
Do you have a loader? You do not mention one.

Why do you think your hydraulic pressure is too low?

Often novices can get into serious problems making these adjustments.

Do you have any rear remotes.

Dave
I do have a loader, and I know it has its own adjustable relief valve. I'll verify its operating pressure after the main lift hydraulics are checked.
With the age and hours on the tractor, I think it's not imprudent to check. I've read a lot of stories of pressures shipping 20%or more over time due to the springs taking a set.
I do not intend to "crank it up" needlessly, but I'd like to make sure it's set to factory specs (1920 to 1991 psi, if I recall correctly from memory)

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I do have a loader, and I know it has its own adjustable relief valve. I'll verify its operating pressure after the main lift hydraulics are checked.
With the age and hours on the tractor, I think it's not imprudent to check. I've read a lot of stories of pressures shipping 20%or more over time due to the springs taking a set.
I do not intend to "crank it up" needlessly, but I'd like to make sure it's set to factory specs (1920 to 1991 psi, if I recall correctly from memory)
Start with the easy thing to check, disconnect a loader line to lift arms or bucket. Hopefully you have quick connects.

Connect pressure gauge to the output from the loader valve. Activate loader valve sending pressure to new gauge.

Read quickly so as to not force too much oil through the relief valve(s).

If this pressure reading is OK, then there is nothing more to do.

Further, know that your pressure gauge has built in inaccuracy's. Typically +/5% of full scale of the gauge. A 3,000 psi gauge can be off by + or - 150 psi.

Adjusting a relief valve to read 1,991 psi is just fooling yourself as a normally priced pressure gauge cannot read pressure levels that accurately.

Dave

TimberwolfFXDL

Equipment
Sep 8, 2020
Battle Creek, MI
I appreciate the advice, but I think you missed the point of the post. I know how to check the pressure. I'm asking about being able to adjust it if it does indeed need to be adjusted.

I have this from a service manual, but it doesn't actually explain WHERE the relief valve is physically located.

Attachments

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I appreciate the advice, but I think you missed the point of the post. I know how to check the pressure. I'm asking about being able to adjust it if it does indeed need to be adjusted.

I have this from a service manual, but it doesn't actually explain WHERE the relief valve is physically located.
Check the flow divider