B7200hst body panel alignment

Thatoneguy

Equipment
Kubota b7200
May 20, 2022
Southern California
When i purchased my tractor, it had a broken grille and a missing left body panel. I was able to order a new grille from messicks and found a left side panel on ebay.. i tried to put it on the tractor last week and it seems it doesnt align correctly. The grille went on fine but the panel seems to hit the oil filter and seems to be an inch or so longer as the top bolt holes are off.

When i purchased the panel it was for a b7200 but perhaps the panels are different between hst and a manual trans. The previous owner said a railroad tie hit the front of the tractor causing the damage to the grille and hood. Nothing seems obviously bent and it aligns correctly with the right side. I have a feeling the side panel i got was wrong. Could anyone post a picture or two of their side panel to compare?

As always, thank you!

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
When i purchased my tractor, it had a broken grille and a missing left body panel. I was able to order a new grille from messicks and found a left side panel on ebay.. i tried to put it on the tractor last week and it seems it doesnt align correctly. The grille went on fine but the panel seems to hit the oil filter and seems to be an inch or so longer as the top bolt holes are off.

When i purchased the panel it was for a b7200 but perhaps the panels are different between hst and a manual trans. The previous owner said a railroad tie hit the front of the tractor causing the damage to the grille and hood. Nothing seems obviously bent and it aligns correctly with the right side. I have a feeling the side panel i got was wrong. Could anyone post a picture or two of their side panel to compare?

As always, thank you!
Check the parts manuals - I seem to remember a couple small pieces that are missing from your pictures.

Dan

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
There are two different part numbers. 6740151310 for the D and E versions, and 6706151310 for the HSTD and HSTE versions. So I am guessing you got the wrong one ?

Last edited:

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
Thatoneguy, Sure looks like the (left/drivers) panel is wrong...Looks like my has another small panel? It's in the barn now and hard to take pictures... Hope these pixs help out. On left side the oil filter should be in the center.
Good luck !

IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
That's the filler panel I was remembering. Sheetmetal has been off mine for so long the details are fading.

Dan
Dan, Those side cover's sure make it hard work on...Like changing the Oil filter. Maybe you have right idea to remove them?

Thatoneguy

Equipment
Kubota b7200
May 20, 2022
Southern California
All the photos help a great deal! Thank you! when i looked at the parts stuff on messicks, i didnt see that filler part you have pictured. Ill double check it. When i get home, ill see what bolt holes are where. It appears the 8200 panel is slightly longer than what i have and looks like the oil filter cut out is in a different location. If there were two different panels, i probably have the wrong one.

I just checked the add again on ebay, it was only listed as a side cover for a b7200, i didnt realize there was 2 different part nunbers for this panel. Ill see if there are bolt holes for that other part that might be missing.

I agree it is more work to change oil and remove the covers when working on it but it drives me nuts not having the parts. More of an ocd thing for me. Haha. The parts were all missing when i bought the tractor. If it is the wrong one, ill have it for sale if anyone needs it.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
All the photos help a great deal! Thank you! when i looked at the parts stuff on messicks, i didnt see that filler part you have pictured. Ill double check it. When i get home, ill see what bolt holes are where. It appears the 8200 panel is slightly longer than what i have and looks like the oil filter cut out is in a different location. If there were two different panels, i probably have the wrong one.

I just checked the add again on ebay, it was only listed as a side cover for a b7200, i didnt realize there was 2 different part nunbers for this panel. Ill see if there are bolt holes for that other part that might be missing.

I agree it is more work to change oil and remove the covers when working on it but it drives me nuts not having the parts. More of an ocd thing for me. Haha. The parts were all missing when i bought the tractor. If it is the wrong one, ill have it for sale if anyone needs it.
As near as I can tell that B8200 sheetmetal looks exactly like my B7200DT. I see the other little filler I was struggling to recall is over the muffler.

Dan

Thatoneguy

Equipment
Kubota b7200
May 20, 2022
Southern California
Yeah it just seems my panel is short. The exhaust lines up fine minus the part over top but it hits the oil filter at the bottom. I couldnt get both bolts to line up at the top unless i really pushed on it but even then the bottom didnt align correctly. Does the part down by the clutch pedal make the panel itself slide forward? If it does, then it seems it would hit the exhaust.

Im probably gonna go dans route and leave it off at this point. I just happened to stumble across this on ebay and figured id buy so i had it. Thanks again everyone for you help and taking the time out of your day to post a few pictures for reference

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan

Your welcome...E-bay will refund your money if the buyer was misleading? Just open a case after trying to work with the seller. That is if don't want that side cover?