B7200D Hydraulic oil change dilemma

Fred Newman

Equipment
B7200, loader, backhoe
Jun 2, 2009
Winsted, CT
The road blocks just keep coming. Crawling beneath my lovely B7200D, attempting to loosen and remove the drain plugs I quickly discovered the the sizable framework for the backhoe comes very close to the plugs. So close that I can't get a box or socket wrench on the buggers. Trying an open end, and not getting a really good position, I started to bung up the plug. It appears my only option is to go through the whole removal process of the back hoe . . ugh!!! An alternative might be (and this is where I need some experinced tractor man's advice), is to slowly remove the strainer and drain most of the oil out of that port. Then stick a line from a hand suction pump into the strainer port and suck all I can from the base of the trainsmission. Can I reach anywhere near the bottom with a small hose? What percentage of the oil can I expect to get out of the transmission doing this??

Thanks again for your help.

bubbaboss

Equipment
1989 Kubota B8200 4x4, Kubota 72" Snow Blower
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
How would you Refill it? there may be more oil needed?

Have you tried a Flexible thin wall socket, and ratchet with fine clicks for tight spaces?

Not Sure just my 5 cents

Bubba

Fred Newman

Equipment
B7200, loader, backhoe
Jun 2, 2009
Winsted, CT
Bubba,

Thank for your 5 cents. After re-installing the strainer, I'd refill the transmission at the normal filling port. Your suggestion of using a thin wall socket however, has me planning to go to the "wrench store" this week.

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
By removing the strainer you will get almost all the oil out of the tractor. Probably not worth fidgeting around with a hand pump at that point. Just refill to the recommended level. Of course you could chock up the rear tires and slightly offset the tractor with a higher chock on the opposite side if you were really picky about the fluid change. Just remember you will have some fluid left in each hydraulic ram, so getting a complete drain and replacement really requires a lot of work, and is like tripping over dollars to pick up dimes. JMHO.

bubbaboss

Equipment
1989 Kubota B8200 4x4, Kubota 72" Snow Blower
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
YES... Excuse my Brain Freeze ,,, LOL

For some Reason i thought you had no access to any other places to change the oil....