B7200D (4wd, manual tran) Price?

Woodswalker

Equipment
B7100D(1977)/FEL, B7200D (1984), Yanmar RS 1303 tiller
Mar 5, 2014
Republic, Washington(NE), USA
I have run across one for sale that is in excellent condition.
It is just the tractor, no loader or implements.
Hour meter reads 427.
What would a reasonable price be?
Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would think $3500 to $6500 depending on condition. ;)

Woodswalker

Equipment
Mar 5, 2014
Thanks for your advice. I bought the tractor for $3500 and have it in the garage, still on the trailer. HR meter works, so it appears to have only 430 hrs. Still has original Goodyear tires. Serial # indicates it was built in early '84. Had to inspect it in the dark, with a flashlight, but the fluids were near full and looked good. Battery was thirsty and needed post cleaning. Have been charging overnight. Engine shut-off knob and cable are missing. Apparently the compression release was being used to kill the engine. Am going to do a bunch of maintenance on it before even taking it off the trailer. Needs a good wash job. Will replace front tires. A ROP kit will be ordered and installed. A nice feature is that a previous owner rigged up a nice temp gauge.

btw, thanks for the info on getting manuals. For $10, I downloaded a good repair manual. Have a laser printer, so can just print what I need going forward.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Woodswalker,

Sounds like you have a heck of a nice "project tractor." Take lots of pictures now to document your restoration/renovation and post them here!

Nice to hear a sweet but misused tractor found a good home.

Congrats!

Ray

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I can zip right over... Ok after the snow storm... and pick it up from you if it's too much work for you! :D

Sounds like you did great! ;)

Woodswalker

Equipment
Mar 5, 2014
Not as quick as you might think, Republic is where my cabin is and where the tractor will end up. Winters I spend at my home in Lacey, near Olympia.
Today I started working on the tractor. Got a cable and wire stop at local auto parts store, and now it has a proper engine stop. Replaced the battery ground cable and tightened the fan belt before getting in the seat. The tach/hr meter works, as do the glow plugs. None of the lights, front and back, work. It started right up and seemed to run fine, except it idled at 1K RPM. Adjusted the hand throttle linkage and squirted Lock-Ease on all possible binding spots on the hand and throttle linkages. Linkage at the pump now returns all the way to the stop when the hand throttle is pulled all the way to slow, so that should allow a slower idle. Will check tomorrow when I change the oil. It currently has a FRAM PH 3593A oil filter on, so I intend to replace it with same. Will be using Rotella T 15W-40 oil.
Will begin taking some pics and will start a new thread.
I love saving a great little machine like this from oblivion, and putting it to good use. Still need to unload it from the trailer and check out operation of the clutch.

Last edited: