B7200 won't go forward or in reverse??????

Jun 18, 2012
Noel Missouri
Hey all, hopefully someone can give me advice. Recently bought a used B7200 hst 4 wheel drive. The hour reading was 192 hrs. and the tractor was as clean as a brand new one which tells me it was well taken care of. The first time I used the tractor for about 2 hours it ran like a charm. I then hooked up a box blade and proceeded to grade our rocky driveway and had been at it for about 4 hours when I returned the hst pedal to neutral and dropped the box blade and nothing. The tractor would not move in forward or reverse. I checked the high low shift and it was in low. I checked the hst fluid and it was a little low, added about a qt. of fluid still wouldn't move. Following day drained the fluid, cleaned the screens{2} fluid wasn't that dirty although I did find a few very small metal filings in the fluid. Also changed the hst filter. Still nothing. Have read on the forum about the noise the hst makes in the B series all I here is the diesel motor. It's like the hst isn't working. I know more about kubota tractors after reading the post on here these last 3 days but not enought to fix this problem. Please if you have any ideas let me know otherwise I have a very expensive yard ornament, I look forward to your responses.....

Jun 18, 2012
Noel Missouri
Thanks Vic I will give that a try this evening. I have tried this befor but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to try again. Hopefully this will solve my problems. I'll post later to let you know.

Jun 18, 2012
Noel Missouri
Well Vic I tried the high -low gear making sure it was in low also made sure that the 4 wheel drive was in gear and not floating. Still no luck engine sounds good fel works and the box blade raises and lowers accordingly. Yet the tractor won't move. Any other ideas I might check.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
check all the linkage that works off your HST foward reverse pedal may just be a roll pin broke its got to be something simple ... Good luck .... Dan

Jun 18, 2012
Noel Missouri
Thanks Dan I'm hoping it's something simple. I noticed tonight that a spring is missing which should be attached to the arm neutral holder and the boldt spring adjust. Hopefully I can pick a spring up tomorrow. Do you think this might be the solution.

avpowerstn

Equipment
B7200, FORD 545A (cream puff)
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
Could be your "Rod Speed Change" Part# 67061-43360 I have broke mine a few times, and had to create an easy fix method

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Also check your clutch linkage.

If the clutch is not engaging properly, the tractor will not go anywhere regardless of the HST pedal position.

You should feel quite a bit of resistance in the clutch pedal when you push on it. If you don't, or it's sloppy, you may have broken spring(s) on the pressure plate.

It will be interesting to hear what ended up being the problem. You scored on a very good tractor so don't lose hope!

Just my $.02,

Steve

Rustler

Equipment
B7800
Feb 5, 2019
Mountain Home, AR
I'm having the exact same problem. My B7800 will not move forward or reverse. All PTO's operate and the front loader works fine.
Can you please tell me how you fixed yours or what the problem was. My dealer has no clue what it could be. Thanks!

Last edited:

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Had this happen a few years ago. Speed rod broke and was able to get tractor on my trailer by using a long screwdriver to operate. Took to dealer who wanted mega bucks to split the tractor to get at the part. I told them I would take it home and cut a hole in the side of the frame above the pedal to gain access and remove and weld the part myself. They agreed that it was possible and decided to do it that way and cost under $200.

USBohemian

Equipment
bx2380
Jul 2, 2023
west point, VA
I solved this for my situation. I had this same problem. It happened suddenly. There was no gradual anything, nothing abnormal, no strange sounds. The loader, 3 point hitch, PTO all continued to operate normally. But the forward and reverse pedals were "spongy" and would not return to neutral, would not move forward or reverse unless I got lucky. Anyway, I got under the tractor and followed the linkage from the pedals to the HST and saw that the linkage bolt was no longer in the HST connector. the nut obviously worked its way loose, but did so slowly, allowing the linkage to damage the threads on the linkage bolt very nicely. The nut was an M8, I believe. I put a washer and lockout back on it very tightly. I had to be a very patient contortionist to complete this. The tractor only has 119 hours on it. It's been used only gently. But I am finding many loose bolts, knobs, and nuts.