B7200 Top Link Question

birdog

Equipment
B7200D
Feb 28, 2014
Pekin, IL
Does anyone know how long a top link I will need for my 7200? The original measures 14" (body only) but I can not find one 14". The shortest I can find locally are 16" so I was wondering if that will be too long? Also the slot on the tractor where the ball end goes is 1 5/8" wide. On the top links I have found the ball ends are 1 3/4" wide. I'm assuming all I need to do is grind a little off the ball end so it will slide into the channel on the tractor. $72 for a Kubota top link is a little steep. So what are my options?

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
Does anyone know how long a top link I will need for my 7200? The original measures 14" (body only) but I can not find one 14". The shortest I can find locally are 16" so I was wondering if that will be too long? Also the slot on the tractor where the ball end goes is 1 5/8" wide. On the top links I have found the ball ends are 1 3/4" wide. I'm assuming all I need to do is grind a little off the ball end so it will slide into the channel on the tractor. $72 for a Kubota top link is a little steep. So what are my options?
I bought the 16"(body) from tractor supply for my 7200 and it was too long for my turning plow, but works fine with my brush hog, disk harrow, rear mower, and planter. I ordered a 13" from here> http://www.agrisupply.com/ for $16, but shipping was a little over $16 so look for other items on their site that you may need to help curb the shipping cost.