B7200 oil light

Icebox241

Equipment
B7200
Jun 28, 2013
Foxboro
Hi Folks,

Just got a used B7200 HST with front end loader. Starts and runs OK. Used for a while today and OIL light comes on and stays on after a few minutes. Have ordered manuals but cant find anywhere here or on web if this means low oil pressure or normal op or a problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
John

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That's not a good thing!:eek: It points to loss of pressure.:(
It could be as simple as a bad sending unit, or as bad as oil pressure loss.
How long as it been since it had an oil and filter change?

Icebox241

Equipment
B7200
Jun 28, 2013
Foxboro
Oil and filter were changed 13 hours ago, previous owner changed it and did not report any problems like this.

Thanks,

John

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is the oil filter a Kubota brand filter?
I have heard that some off brand filters will cause issues like this.
I would also dump the oil and check for water/ fuel/ and if its just very thin or thick oil.
It's tough to do sometimes because of the pipe/hole threads (Some if not all of the Kubota engines use a non standard thread, but I think some of the British equipment takes the same thread size).
Putting a mechanical oil pressure gauge on it even temporally will give you the answer real fast if there is something real serious to worry about.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
The senders are cheap and available at the dealers. Though it may not be your problem, they do go bad. Mine did.

murky

Mar 30, 2012
Vancouver, WA
The senders are cheap and available at the dealers. Though it may not be your problem, they do go bad. Mine did.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KUBOTA-New-...=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts&hash=item3f269c929e

I added a T to have both the dummy light driven by that pressure sensing switch. I think the one in the link above is it, but double-check. They can be had for less.

I think the threads in the tractor are M10 tapered. I bought the Tee from overseas, Merlin Motor Sports I think.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Tractor-side of oil pressure sensing unit should be (usually are per my own knowledge and discussions on this forum) British Standard Taper or BST. Size should or may be 1/8-in. So you're looking for a 1/8-in BST.

Your local parts house may have an adapter in a kit of multiple adapters and gauge.

Don't try cramming incorrect size into hole. Won't last and will ultimately leak after ruining threads for next gyration. Pull existing sensor and have it's threads confirmed before buying and installing replacment.

Please post back and advise that we may all learn from your experiences.

AlfredoBennett

Jul 5, 2013
Albany
Hi Folks,

Just got a used B7200 HST with front end loader. Starts and runs OK. Used for a while today and OIL
cheap hid headlight kits comes on and stays on after a few minutes. Have ordered manuals but cant find anywhere here or on web if this means low oil pressure or normal op or a problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
John
Hello friend I am facing similar problem so what could be the reason behind it? Can you help me out? Please reply

Last edited:

murky

Mar 30, 2012
Vancouver, WA
Hello friend I am facing similar problem so what could be the reason behind it? Can you help me out? Please reply
You could have a bad sensor, bad wiring (the light is on by default I believe, you need sufficient oil pressure on a working sensor to turn it off), or you could actually have low oil pressure in which case you don't want to be running the tractor.

Low pressure could be due to a freeze plug having come loose, or anything else that allows oil out through places it isn't supposed to go.

The sensor costs $15 or $20 and takes 15-20 minutes to install. Its a similar task to changing a spark plug without having to set the gap.

Last edited: