B7200 hydraulic steering parts breakdown

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks Wolfman, I checked on line at Messick's and they have all the extra parts I need ( I was surprised). For the seals, yes I will be going to a local hydraulic shop.

Thanks again.
Sometimes you get the bear šŸ˜ Apparently that PS system was used on just two models.

Dan

Berry

Equipment
B7200HST B2551 Blower Scraper Flail Mower Chipper Log Splitter
Jun 7, 2020
Bancroft Ontario
Good afternoon; I'm just following up on the oil leak in the hydraulic assist steering.

I removed the hyd. assist and sent into my local Kubota dealer for repair They where able to secure all the leaks and replaced the rod end as in the pictures attached.

When I removed the parts, I cleaned up the parts behind and found that the hydraulic pipe that returns to the cooler was quite worn. This can be seen in the photos attached. As you turn the tractor, the hydraulic assist unit move back and forth and also rotates slightly. This movement has worn the hydraulic pipe by about 3"

If you look at the photo, you can see the return line is held into place by a strap that is welded to the pipe and it also holds the pipe away from the frame by about 3/8" The 3/8" space lines the pipe up directly with the inlet of the cooler. I am assuming this has been like this from day one. I have been told that the B7200 does not come with power steering and this had to be an add on..

So I'm wondering if any body else has come across this and might have a solution. Thankfully right now there is no leak from the pipe. I can only think it must be paper thin at this time.

Don

Attachments

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
That setup is so rare that there probably aren't many on here who have that combination. It was a factory installed option though. It definitely needs attention . You're going to have to modify that tube so it's either above or below the steering booster. You could also remove that section of metal line and replace it with flexible rubber hose to get away from the booster. Given the style clamps kubota uses, the hydraulic fluid can't be under much pressure.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
That power steering was an oem kit that was available as a dealer add on when I purchased my previous B7200hst in 1985. I purchased the kit in 1987 and installed it myself when I built my bh subframe.

Berry

Equipment
Jun 7, 2020
Bancroft Ontario
That setup is so rare that there probably aren't many on here who have that combination. It was a factory installed option though. It definitely needs attention . You're going to have to modify that tube so it's either above or below the steering booster. You could also remove that section of metal line and replace it with flexible rubber hose to get away from the booster. Given the style clamps kubota uses, the hydraulic fluid can't be under much pressure.
Thank you for your response, I'm sure you are right about the rare part and the pressure as there is only a hose and a regular gear clamp holding the line onto the cooler and I'm sure the pipe is not even barbed under the hose.
You have given me some options and I appreciate it.

Thank you
Don

Berry

Equipment
Jun 7, 2020
Bancroft Ontario
That power steering was an oem kit that was available as a dealer add on when I purchased my previous B7200hst in 1985. I purchased the kit in 1987 and installed it myself when I built my bh subframe.
Good morning: Its great to find someone who actually installed one, I'm surprised. I'm also curious as to where your line was in relation to the unit. Did you remember if you had to re-arrange the location of the line and if so how. I gather by your comment, you don't have the B7200 any longer.

Thank you
Don

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Nothing had to be altered for the installation of the kit. The kit included a slightly different steering pitman arm which might have brought the unit a bit farther from the side of the frame. Also the front axle has end stops that stop the rotation of the axle when driving over uneven ground. I am wondering if these are worn or out of adjustment and causing too much swing resulting in the steering unit hitting the pipe. If you jack up the front of tractor under the frame and lift the left tire by hand you should be able to determine if that is the issue. Here is a picture of the unit on my B7200 that I recently sold.
20191222_125948.jpg

Berry

Equipment
Jun 7, 2020
Bancroft Ontario
Nothing had to be altered for the installation of the kit. The kit included a slightly different steering pitman arm which might have brought the unit a bit farther from the side of the frame. Also the front axle has end stops that stop the rotation of the axle when driving over uneven ground. I am wondering if these are worn or out of adjustment and causing too much swing resulting in the steering unit hitting the pipe. If you jack up the front of tractor under the frame and lift the left tire by hand you should be able to determine if that is the issue. Here is a picture of the unit on my B7200 that I recently sold.
View attachment 107615
Thank you for the picture. Its worth a thousand words 1942 lol . I'm thinking about cutting out a length of the steel pipe and replacing it with copper that I can bend myself. I would run it below the hyd. unit. The steel pipe is connected to the cooler with a rubber hose and clamps so there can't be much pressure. Soft 1/2" copper is good for about 600 psi. Any thoughts on that idea?

Berry

Equipment
Jun 7, 2020
Bancroft Ontario
I agree with the pressure being low as it is connected to the cooler with a rubber hose. I'm thinking about lowering it below the hydraulic unit with soft copper that i can bend into fit.

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
I agree with the pressure being low as it is connected to the cooler with a rubber hose. I'm thinking about lowering it below the hydraulic unit with soft copper that i can bend into fit.
I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. The pressure is well below 600PSI.