B7200 hydraulic block

Work Horse

Equipment
B7200 HST 4x4
Jan 21, 2020
IPSWICH
Hey all,

Long story short I either need a hydraulic block - or a way to extend the "new" block I already purchased. This is for a B7200HST-D

I recently found a take off block, ordered, and installed it! All was looking good until I went to bolt the hydraulic line to the block, only to realize the "new" block is roughly 2" shorter than the original. Doh!

After a trip to Napa, I received even more bad news. Apparently the female threads on the block side are some size British pipe thread that is coupled down to a 18mm male compression fitting. Does anyone know the size of the British thread of the block? If I cant get this figured out I might have to hack up the line that connects to the block - and I'd rather not.

TIA

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hey all,

Long story short I either need a hydraulic block - or a way to extend the "new" block I already purchased. This is for a B7200HST-D

I recently found a take off block, ordered, and installed it! All was looking good until I went to bolt the hydraulic line to the block, only to realize the "new" block is roughly 2" shorter than the original. Doh!

After a trip to Napa, I received even more bad news. Apparently the female threads on the block side are some size British pipe thread that is coupled down to a 18mm male compression fitting. Does anyone know the size of the British thread of the block? If I cant get this figured out I might have to hack up the line that connects to the block - and I'd rather not.

TIA
I am confused.

Why did you remove the original block?

From the Owners' Manual illustration the existing block was intended to allow other implements like a loader to be installed.

The loader valve MUST have a relief valve and a power beyond optional port.

forum B7200 block.jpg

I think you will have questions which is a good way to move forward with this.

Dave

Work Horse

Equipment
B7200 HST 4x4
Jan 21, 2020
IPSWICH
I am confused.

Why did you remove the original block?

From the Owners' Manual illustration the existing block was intended to allow other implements like a loader to be installed.

The loader valve MUST have a relief valve and a power beyond optional port.

View attachment 59650

I think you will have questions which is a good way to move forward with this.

Dave
I'm glad I checked back, I need to turn on my notifications!

The issue was my original hydraulic block was damaged, and of course - the part is discontinued. I bought a "take off" block and (warning to others) they are not all the same size! They look identical, other than the fact that one block is 2" shorter than the other. This meant the block bolted up to the pump, but the high pressure line to the 3ph was too short. Luckily I was able to find a hydraulic shop that had a coupling of the "right" size, and got everything working a couple hours ago. I just had to loosen the hard line to the 3ph to allow enough play to get the line connected to the block, and tighten it back up. Seems to be working great, FINALLY!