B7200 HST Hydrostatic Adjustment

ddaugette

Equipment
B7200 HST
Apr 11, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
Hi All,

New to Orange Tractor and new to Kubota! I have been reading the posts for a while trying to find some help on a friend's tractor (B7200 HST). I have already learned some interesting stuff but, unfortunately none related to this Hydrostatic Foot Pedal adjustment. I have driven another Kubota previously, a larger model, but had the same type of Hydro pedal. The problem with this one is that the pedal does not return to a "Neutral" position. In fact, with out reaching down and operating the pedal by hand, things can get rather dicey (you should have seen me loading it on a trailor!!!). It just kind of stays in what ever position it is moved to, so you can imagine if it were full forward or reverse...well, yeah, you get the picture, thank God for a good clutch and brakes! Anyway, if anyone has some good technical advice as to how to adjust, or what may be broken and what parts cost generally range I would greatly appreciate it and will share our experiences to come.

The tractor was purchased for $2200! Like I said, I operated it and everything seems to work fine. The hydraulic lines are all quite deteriorated, but not YET leaking. The bracket for the idler was missing and we have already got one ready to pick up and install. Also, the Glow plug light does not work (although I found some good info on here to follow) and the dealer (was at a little used car lot and they had very little knowledge of diesels and were using ether...yeah, yeah I know....to start it!) Also the decompression cable is seized up, but should be a cheap and easy replacement). Of course we don't get too cold here in the Florida panhandle so no big worries there. All in all I think we got a good deal (so far). It even came with a Bush Hog!

Anyway, thanks for all the good postings and for any help on this Hydrostatic issue... Thanks, Don

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Hi All,

New to Orange Tractor and new to Kubota! I have been reading the posts for a while trying to find some help on a friend's tractor (B7200 HST). I have already learned some interesting stuff but, unfortunately none related to this Hydrostatic Foot Pedal adjustment. I have driven another Kubota previously, a larger model, but had the same type of Hydro pedal. The problem with this one is that the pedal does not return to a "Neutral" position. In fact, with out reaching down and operating the pedal by hand, things can get rather dicey (you should have seen me loading it on a trailor!!!). It just kind of stays in what ever position it is moved to, so you can imagine if it were full forward or reverse...well, yeah, you get the picture, thank God for a good clutch and brakes! Anyway, if anyone has some good technical advice as to how to adjust, or what may be broken and what parts cost generally range I would greatly appreciate it and will share our experiences to come.

The tractor was purchased for $2200! Like I said, I operated it and everything seems to work fine. The hydraulic lines are all quite deteriorated, but not YET leaking. The bracket for the idler was missing and we have already got one ready to pick up and install. Also, the Glow plug light does not work (although I found some good info on here to follow) and the dealer (was at a little used car lot and they had very little knowledge of diesels and were using ether...yeah, yeah I know....to start it!) Also the decompression cable is seized up, but should be a cheap and easy replacement). Of course we don't get too cold here in the Florida panhandle so no big worries there. All in all I think we got a good deal (so far). It even came with a Bush Hog!

Anyway, thanks for all the good postings and for any help on this Hydrostatic issue... Thanks, Don
No expert here but is the linkage binding anywhere. Also there is a centering dampener on the hydro peddle that can go bad. I would remove it and see how it operates then. Likely that or sticky peddle.

ddaugette

Equipment
B7200 HST
Apr 11, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
Did not appear to be binding, rather was very loose. I was reaching down with my hand and controlling the movement by moving the rear (reverse) up and down. I do recall observing a part, which I assume was the dampener as being completely free from the valve body. What would be the steps to installing and adjusting it?

Thanks for the assistance...
Don