B7200 HST Flywheel Replacement?

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I have my B7200 split (to investigate rattle) and will soon replace the flywheel. Foolishly I did not mark position of crankshaft relative to flywheel.
There are 5 holes - 4 wrong positions and one correct. See photos
Engine has been rotated after I split the tractor.
How do I find the correct flywheel position?
Do I have to remove an Injector? Are there marks on the front of the crankshaft?
Could someone please confirm convention for numbering cylinders? Is cylinder no 1 at flywheel end or fan belt end. Can't find this convention anywherein the manuals!
Thanks

Attachments

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I have my B7200 split (to investigate rattle) and will soon replace the flywheel. Foolishly I did not mark position of crankshaft relative to flywheel.
Do I have to remove an Injector? Are there marks on the front of the crankshaft?
Could someone please confirm convention for numbering cylinders? Is cylinder no 1 at flywheel end or fan belt end. Can't find this convention anywherein the manuals!
Thanks
Cylinder 1 is the water pump end.
I think you'll find the flywheel bolts will only line up one way. Although they look evenly spaced, one hole is slightly out of position, so you can only start all 5 bolts in one position.

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Cylinder 1 is the water pump end.
I think you'll find the flywheel bolts will only line up one way. Although they look evenly spaced, one hole is slightly out of position, so you can only start all 5 bolts in one position.
Thanks
Thanks
Thanks PoTreeBoy for this excellent reply. I have measured spacing of bolts and they are indeed unevenly spaced.