B7200 Front Rim and Tire

jburns80

Equipment
Kubota B7200
Apr 6, 2022
Mansfield, GA
I purchased a B7200 some months back and have been slowly replacing parts. This week I was focusing on Tires. The tires on there are 18x9.5-8 on the Front. It currently has completely dry rotted carlisle / kendra turf tires. I purchased a hi-lug replacement. However getting the tire on the rim seems to be a real big pain. Took them to the tire shop around me and they couldn't get the tire on either. Said i may need to use a specialty shop. My question is, these rims have bolts in them that seem to bolt both halves of the rim together. Do these rims unbolt and then put the tire on or is there a special way to put the tire on the rim? I've never had any issues with putting tires on rims before but the new tires seem to not want to go on at all.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Get to a few posts and then post a picture of the wheel

There are rims that bolt together and there are rims where the inner dish unbolts from the rim to be reversed

jburns80

Equipment
Kubota B7200
Apr 6, 2022
Mansfield, GA
I purchased a B7200 some months back and have been slowly replacing parts. This week I was focusing on Tires. The tires on there are 18x9.5-8 on the Front. It currently has completely dry rotted carlisle / kendra turf tires. I purchased a hi-lug replacement. However getting the tire on the rim seems to be a real big pain. Took them to the tire shop around me and they couldn't get the tire on either. Said i may need to use a specialty shop. My question is, these rims have bolts in them that seem to bolt both halves of the rim together. Do these rims unbolt and then put the tire on or is there a special way to put the tire on the rim? I've never had any issues with putting tires on rims before but the new tires seem to not want to go on at all.
Sorry. Heres pictures of the rim.
IMG_20220822_090558126.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I am no expert and have never seen bolt together rims but that sure looks like one to me.

There is probably some gasket or sealant involved in the bolted joints so you may need toresearch that