B7200 FEL and Backhoe

Duffsfarm

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7200D, B7200DHST, G3HST, KMS 180 Backhoe
May 22, 2014
Drogheda, Louth, Ireland
I have been busy kitting out my B7200D HST.

I had a standard Kubota FEL for it but I it was slow and lacked lift capacityt. I decided to upgrade it and have carried out some modifications. I stripped off the old loader mounting frame from the tractor and replaced it with a new one that I made which incorporates a 17 gallon oil tank. I also fitted a set of tandem hydraulic pumps coupled directly to the front crank shaft pulley, one is for the loader and the other is for the power steering ram that I fitted.

The loader is removed simply by pulling the two retaining pins on either side of the sub frame and disconnecting the two hydraulic couplings at the valve chest, there is a bypass gate valve just below the valve chest that has to be opened before disconnecting the valve chest.

I up rated the main lift cylinders to 2 inch but left the bucket cylinders original. I also fitted a self leveling mechanism which both strengthens the loader arms and also gives additional dump angle when the loader is up and crown angle when the loader is down.

I incorporated a quick hitch system on the loader and made up a new fork, which is fitted in the photo and also have a 4 foot bucked.

The lift capacity is about 1200 pounds with the back hoe fitted as ballast, otherwise the back comes off the ground. With the engine revs at 1500, the lift time from ground to max with the bucket full of gravel is about 6 seconds.

The backhoe is a standard European Kubota version KMS180 complete with vertical stabilizer legs and a side shift facility to allow the jib to be moved from the left to the right for off set digging along a wall.

The back wheels are 15 inch which are normally fitted with turf tires but I sourced a set of 33 x 12.5 - 15 agri grip tires that are the same height as the standard 9.5 - 16 agri tires.

I still have to refit the panels and rewire the lights, but these are jobs for a rainy day.

I have uploaded some photos here

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741830.100003025425364&type=1&l=16eeece273

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Nice work on the FEL! Just be cautious, if you can with a FEL. The arms may not be up to the force of the new cylinders.

Duffsfarm

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7200D, B7200DHST, G3HST, KMS 180 Backhoe
May 22, 2014
Drogheda, Louth, Ireland
Hi gpreuss, thanks for your advice. I don't have any problems with the strength of the main arms. I have already tested them and everything is OK once the rear ballast is fitted. The self leveling bars act as bracing and add significant extra strength to the arrangement so no worries.