B7100hst d differential and wheel gear housing volumes (4wd)

zayante

Equipment
B7100HST D
Jun 15, 2014
Santa Cruz, California
Hi All,

This is my first post and of course I need some help! My tractor was built in 1994, I got it used with no manual. I've downloaded several manuals but none appear to be my exact B7100 version (i.e. none show the correct location for the differential fill plug - top of front axle on mine). I'm changing the front wheel gear and differential oil. I drained one wheel gear housing and was surprised to collect 18 oz. of oil. All of the manuals I've located indicate that only ~ 5 oz. (0.15L) should be added after draining. I've used this tractor for only a few hours/month over the past 4 years and this is my first change of these fluids. It has less than 900 hours and performs great. Does anyone have this same tractor who could advise me as to whether a "later" manual indicates greater volume? I'm really concerned that I'll "get the diff" volume wrong and cause some big problems. Any advice or specs would be greatly appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can go to Kubotabooks.com and download the three part Service manual and it will give you all the specs for the newer model.
Front differential case: 1.6 U.S Quarts
Front gear case: 0.5 U.S. Quarts

MMudd

Equipment
B7100 HST
Jun 3, 2014
Cnetral MO
On front axes, if I recall, you fill up with gear lube at the bolt on the top of axel on passenger side (R). You basically fill it up full as I understand it.
The rear end is lubricated by hydrostat fluid. My book called for 3.6 gallons capacity in rear end, but mine did not hold that much after a complete draindown, More like 3.2 gal.

zayante

Equipment
B7100HST D
Jun 15, 2014
Santa Cruz, California
Thank you. I finally got the job completed once being directed to the correct data. I too was unable to "get it all out". Sometimes good enuff is good enuff.

Best