b7100 steering box rebuild

botaman

Equipment
B6000E , B6000 , B7100 W/LOADER TILLER , AND FINISH MOWER .
Nov 5, 2009
dale tx u.s.a
new guy here . i just thought that some of you may be interested in this detailed description on how to rebuild your steering box . he also has the parts that you will need to do the job . kubota told me that a new steering shaft would'nt be available until march of next year and would cost around $360 :eek:. tony has them in stock and even though shipped from the UK, i had mine within a week and cost a total of $210 shipped to my door here in texas .:cool:

http://www.newlandsgroundcare.com/sboxrebuild.html

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
:) botaman like that name and welcome aboard! :D The quality of your how to technical report may be put over in the article section as a how to rebuild. Your dedication to detail is excellent and is welcome here! ;) I'm sure the rest of our membership and vistors will find it informative as well. :D

botaman

Equipment
B6000E , B6000 , B7100 W/LOADER TILLER , AND FINISH MOWER .
Nov 5, 2009
dale tx u.s.a
thanks ob1 , ( very cool username ) but i can't take the credit for the rebuild :((. tony at newlands groundcare is the man behind the build . the only credit that i can take is in the design of the tool that he now uses in removing what he calls the shell . i will be attempting this build though as soon as i get my bearings and seals that i ordered from messicks .