B7100 hydrostat- return to "neutral"??

tiger9297

Equipment
B7100HST-D w/ Bush Hog FEL
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
I have a B7100HST-D. The transmission works fine and it pulls very hard. However, when you take your foot off the pedal it won't return to neutral. Even if you apply pressure to the rear of the pedal to try to bring it back to neutral manually, neutral is still hard to "find". Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

tkblevins

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 26, 2011
Morganton, NC
I have a B7100HST-D. The transmission works fine and it pulls very hard. However, when you take your foot off the pedal it won't return to neutral. Even if you apply pressure to the rear of the pedal to try to bring it back to neutral manually, neutral is still hard to "find". Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
I'm having the same problem. Did you get yours fixed??

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
from that pedal, there should be a linkage back to the trans. Disconnect it , then work the pedal to see if it is free or draging. There should be a grease fitting on it somewhere, maybe hard to find.

snackboy439

Equipment
1993- B7100 HST 4WD
Jan 24, 2013
Harmony, PA
I am having the same issue! Looking for some answers now and came across this post. Which piece was bent? Part number/name...location...pics?..anything that will help me drill down to the issue.

Thanks!

OkieDavid

Equipment
L 3010
Aug 29, 2012
Valliant, OK
Mine is a short linkage under the pedal that has adjuster nuts on both ends and is about 4-6 inches long. View from underneath the floor deck while manipulating the pedal with your hand. This part seems prone to "catch" limbs/brush and get bent. Easy removal and hammer back into shape,reinstall,readjust. If it happens one more time I'm going to fashion a small piece of plate steel and bolt on for a guard.

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
My old B7400 used a real small sealed ball bearing race that followed the forward-reverse pedal "CAM" for the forward and reverse. The bearing race finally came apart and I had to replace it. THAT WAS A JOB! You really could have had to split the tractor apart to replace it. I cut a small access hole in the tractor back bone, replaced it then welded back up the access. Worked perfect after that.