B7100 Hydrastatic Drive Pedel ?

kyforeman

Equipment
B7100HSE
Jul 19, 2009
Kentucky
I recently became the rather proud new owner of a Kubota B7100HSE. Although this is just the 2wd version I must say this thing is built like a tank and I really like this tractor.
Next let me say what a great and valuable website you all have here, I cant believe the luck I have had over the weekend. One being getting my first Kubota and Second finding this site.

With that out of the way, I now have my first question. My tractor for the most part is in very good condition, however it is getting a few years on it and like all of us it does and will need some item reworked or repaired. I have no problem in doing either and really look forward to learning more about our new little friend.
My first question pertains to the forward/reverse pedal on the right side of the tractor. On my particular tractor this pedal seems to be very touchy but not by being loose (loose would be an Improvement) Its to tight. I have had other tractors that have had the foot controls but never one that was like this.
What happens is: say you are going forward and need to slow down or plan to reverse is that it takes a lot of force to move the pedal, in trying to slow down or find the neutral position it will about throw you off the tractor. I end up using the clutch right now to stop it of course.
It may be set up this way from the factory but just seems like it should move easier.
Is there a detent for neutral?
In operating the tractor does one just use the forward/reverse pedal as it would imply?
Right now If I need to slow down or reverse I use the clutch and once stopped I move the foot pedal.

I hope I have explained my problem here, I can get myself confused at times so I may have to give more details.
I need to get the service manuals ordered so I can see what does what on this tractor.
I would like to thank everyone in advance for any ideals or input as to the issue I am currently having.

Thanks again
Greg In Kentucky

Ed Hill

Equipment
B3000 with Meteor drag snowblower and mid-mount mower; M7040 with accessories
Jun 22, 2009
Wheelock, VT
I too am new to tractors. I have a B7200HST. There is a grease fitting on the pivot that the pedal is mounted upon. My guess is that it has not been greased for a long time. The pedal action on mine is easy. Good luck! Ed Hill

kyforeman

Equipment
B7100HSE
Jul 19, 2009
Kentucky
I had greased the fittings a couple of days ago when I brought it home. It helps I guess as when I went to use it this evening it was working much better. I think with a little more use it will loosen up and work as it is designed too.

I need to know if it is suppose to return to neutral when foot pressure is released from the pedal. If so it needs some more loosening. Right now when I lift my foot it does slow it down and at least I am not throwing myself off of the tractor when I slow down. It has some kind of control that says something like speed control, nothing happens when I move that lever so it might still be a little tight around that area. The decal there is about gone, so I will have to wait until I get my manuals to see how it works.

I am not new to the tractor world , just new to the Kubota line and I must say I have been missing a lot by not owning one sooner.
I almost bought a new one back in 1982 but bought a Deere instead. At that time the Deere suited my needs more I suppose but I dont think it would have held up as well as a new Kubota at the time would have.

This forum is great, I am very pleased with what I have read so far, and with it being a fairly new forum I will be able to go back and read all of the prior post as one can learn so much just by doing so.

I look forward to posting more and participating as much as I can here.Just dont laugh to hard at my Deere Herd.....:cool::cool::eek::eek: