b7100 hst trans service

evan4434

Equipment
B7100 HST
Mar 19, 2010
Kellogg,IA,USA
How do I do service my tranny? I don't have a manual, and cannot find one online.

I have the filter on top of the tranny, and it sounds like there two screens on this transmission as well looking on here at the service transmission link.

Thanks

btackett

Jan 18, 2012
Knoxville,Tn
You have a filter on top under the center cover and two screens on both sides of the tranny. There are 3 drain plugs under the tranny, one on the mid PTO and one on each side of the rear axle final drives. Mine were painted orange. You will need a 26 mm socket/wrench to remove the two screen bolts on either side. Just follow the tubes back to the tranny from the engine pump. I would go to http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/reference/B7100HSTD_NewType.pdf and find part numbers for )-rings and order new before replacing the screens and clean them in kerosene carefully before installing. The hydraulic system takes 3.6 gallons of fluid and the fill hole and dipstip are on top of the tranny right between your legs. You can get the fluid at Tracotr supply for about $40 or so.

I bought a service manual for mine for $35 or so that helps a lot in servicing. The owners manual also shows the maintenance stuff.

Hope this helps.

evan4434

Equipment
B7100 HST
Mar 19, 2010
Kellogg,IA,USA
Thank you so much for the response. I did see the three drain plugs, and they are painted orange. Any tips on removing the screens, or do they just slide right out. Also are you saying I will need to get two O ring gaskets for the lines I remove to clean the screens?

Any issues with getting air pockets in the lines when I refill the trans, and if so what methods would I use to bleed the system if that happen.

Thank you so much for your help. I called my local Kubota dealer, and they seem to know nothing about the B7100HST. They did not even know what fluid I needed. I wonder if they can even get me a service manual.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Messick's online is a great place to find service parts and manuals. I bought owners, parts, and service manuals for my 30+ year old tractor from them. You won't find much other than parts manuals online for free.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Look online for an I & T service manual. They are around $30.00.
It will have most all the info you need.

btackett

Jan 18, 2012
Knoxville,Tn
Yes, when you loosen the large bolt head the bolt is actually the screen with threads on the end. You will have an O-ring on both flat sides in a groove of it that seals it. I bought new O-rings ( part numbers are on the prev link of the parts manual ) They are about $1 each from the dealer. The I & T Manual is what I bought and very helpful on servicing***Plus all the help on this site :D***

good luck!

evan4434

Equipment
B7100 HST
Mar 19, 2010
Kellogg,IA,USA
Yes, when you loosen the large bolt head the bolt is actually the screen with threads on the end. You will have an O-ring on both flat sides in a groove of it that seals it. I bought new O-rings ( part numbers are on the prev link of the parts manual ) They are about $1 each from the dealer. The I & T Manual is what I bought and very helpful on servicing***Plus all the help on this site :D***

good luck!
I called my Kubota dealer about servicing my trans they wanted $340! I think I will be doing this myself. It looks like the two screens are on the bottom of the trans where the two larger hard/steel lines come into the trans is that right? I assume I just pull these two bolts/screens out clean them with diesel and put them back in. I looked online for a service manual, and the one a saw as $137 there has to be a cheaper place to get a service manual for this I tried Messick's online. When I searched for I & T I got a bunch of garbage websites.

Thanks

evan4434

Equipment
B7100 HST
Mar 19, 2010
Kellogg,IA,USA
Well I got my fluid and spin on filter changed, but I could not break the two 26 mm bolts loose to clean the screens. I had a 1/2" drive ratchet and a 3 foot pole, and could break them loose. Rather then busting something and really being screwed I just did not clean them. Is there any magic in getting these bolts busted loose? I am guessing it has been a long time since the screens have been changed if I could not break them loose. The kubota dealer wanted $340, but what would they do differnt then me in breaking these bolts loose?

Any ideas?

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
Well I got my fluid and spin on filter changed, but I could not break the two 26 mm bolts loose to clean the screens. I had a 1/2" drive ratchet and a 3 foot pole, and could break them loose. Rather then busting something and really being screwed I just did not clean them. Is there any magic in getting these bolts busted loose? I am guessing it has been a long time since the screens have been changed if I could not break them loose. The kubota dealer wanted $340, but what would they do differnt then me in breaking these bolts loose?

Any ideas?
They would use an impact wrench.