B7100 HST 4X4 Front wheel locking - Need Help

Amishkingpin

Equipment
B7100 HST with FEL,Tiller,Rotary Mower and Box grader
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
I think the roll pin is just less than 1/4 inch cause it is metric. If you go to messicks.com website you can down load the parts diagram for the drive shaft. The guy at messicks told me that the last digits of the part number is the actual metric size. They cost only around a $1.20 a piece. Getting the right roll pin punch was the hard part. I tool a new one to the local hardware store and match one as close as possible and it worked fine.

Good Luck evan4434. Take some pictures, we would like to see your repair progress.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
I'm breaking my tractor down for paint so I decided to get into my front DS while I was at it.
All parts got bead blasted and painted. Ujoints replaced, for future referrence the size is 410 and cost $22 and were made in Japan, Precision, GBM brand at local auto parts store that also sells tractor/equipment parts.
Pins are part# 05411-00628 and cost $.95 at the dealer. Dealer wanted $58 for the joint.

Last edited:

Kene1023

Equipment
B7100, L4200DT, 5' bushog, 4'bushog 7' BB, 6' disks, single plow, 8' flail mower
Jan 5, 2010
Ocala, Florida, USA
I have replaced a bad u joint also, however the front axel now wiggles, so I have gotten the parts to r&r the front axel pivot. My front u joint was in a gear oil bath also, yours looked dry... Not sure if I read about the oil, hovever I did put oil back into it when I reinstalled the cover on the front axel.
Looking at the WSM I am going to have to do a big disassemble on the front end to redo the axel pivot, now if I just had the time.
Ken