b7100 dual rear ag tires?

rednecklimo85

Equipment
78 B6100E(brush hog, boxblade, snowplow) 85 B7200DT(loader and backhoe)
Oct 24, 2009
torrington,ct
truth be told...........absolutly nothing besides a cool lookin tractor. although a guy i work with wants to try to have a quad vs tractor tug of war and i figure i might get better traction.
I'de like to know the outcome but I just don't see a quad unless its a side by side, dragging even a b7100E around, that tractor weighs a good deal more, and a tractor by nature puts more of that weight into the drive tires..

especially with ag tires on there.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I put these on my L185DT about 30 years ago. I had to swap and reverse the inside wheels, and use a 1" spacer to put the wheels out far enough to clear the fender. The middle hub I built with layers of 2" and 1" disks - I believe it adds up to 7". I did it all mostly for stability - a 48" wide tractor has a really high pucker factor. I also got unbelievable traction and floatation.
When I bought the 185, a 245 was $400 more - $4400 vs $4000. The 245 had adjustable wheels, and larger tires, as well as 50% more horses. Being basically dumb, I went for the less expensive. I ended up spend about a grand on the dualie setup.
Dumb doesn't go away. When I bought the new L3200 I went for the R4 tires, and still ended up having to buy wheel spacers for stability on my hill, and to gain clearance for tire chains. The AG tires & wheels are adjustable, and really do better in soft soil & mud. Oh well...

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/album.php?albumid=131