B7100-D fuel delivery

nave.lb

Equipment
B7100-D backhoe/loader & B7100HST-D W/tiller/box/auger
Sep 5, 2022
kansas
I have an early B7100-D that ive been working on. I cracked the fuel lines at the injectors to prime. When I first started it the engine fired and ran pretty rough and then I could not get it to fire again. I pulled the line after the fuel pump and it works but seems to be weak. It is still moving fuel. im getting no fuel at the injectors now. Any insight? Bad injector pump? or could something after the fuel pump be plugged?

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Start by pulling the line apart as close to the tank as possible. Monitor the gravity flow of fuel into a container. If flow slows appreciably after a few seconds you may have a blockage at the exit from the tank. Have you tried cleaning or replacing the fuel filter? If you can't establish a good flow to the pump it won't put enough out.

nave.lb

Equipment
B7100-D backhoe/loader & B7100HST-D W/tiller/box/auger
Sep 5, 2022
kansas
Start by pulling the line apart as close to the tank as possible. Monitor the gravity flow of fuel into a container. If flow slows appreciably after a few seconds you may have a blockage at the exit from the tank. Have you tried cleaning or replacing the fuel filter? If you can't establish a good flow to the pump it won't put enough out.
I have cleaned and blown out all the fuel lines, new filter. im now getting fuel at one injector only. i hung an iv bag of fuel directly to the injection pump and the issue remains. only one injector is getting fuel (cracked the lines at all 3). Im assuming there is something plugging the injection pump.