B7100 ATV Front Snow Plow

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Posted earlier about trying to build brackets for my 1980 B7100 to mount a newly acquired Kimpex ATV snow plow. Made patterns for the side plates from 1/4" plywood, used 1.5" spruce to simulate square tubing & mocked up the whole bracket. Duplicated my wood patterns in steel & welded it up yesterday afternoon. Painted before supper & installed the brackets/mount & plow after supper, as it started snowing again! Tried it out this morning & it worked great. Better than my old plow as this one angles. Made the mount to accept the plow frame without modifying it so the plow & frame will still work on my Honda 300 4X4.

http://s572.photobucket.com/albums/ss166/Piker_photos/Kubota B7100/B7100 - ATV Snow Plow/

Piker

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Dion, I have never plowed with the ATV. The snow Plow I bought came off an ATV like mine. I didn't want to alter the plow frame/mounting in case I want to put it on the ATV or sell it some day. Actually, I couldn't have come up with any better mounting system. It's very solid & quick-detach as well. I was going to use the manual lift lever (I find my winch a bit slow) but the previous owner told me yesterday that it would only raise the blade 3 or 4 inches. I'll keep using my winch as it raises it 12 to 14 inches.

Piker

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Dion, I was looking at those at Princess Auto but don't know much about them, like how strong they are or how well they would stand it exposed to the weather.

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
piker; i don,t mean to hijack this thread but how do u like the tire studs??
i see a few missing i think. what did u use. just curious.
Louis

Piker

Equipment
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
Louis, Studs were installed by the previous owner & yes, some are missing. Don't know if they are any advantage or not, I've only owned the tractor for a little over a month. I have found that the little tractor is powerful - it will roll heavy, wet snow well above the height of the blade. I occasionally run out of traction (spinning tires) but not power. After every snow storm (4 so far) I end up raising the blade 1/2 way & pushing the old banks further back, no problem. I might load the tires if I can get a good deal on windshield washer fluid. A local guy has a new set of chains for sale for $50, but not sure I need them.