b7000 worrying whirring sound

skikir

Equipment
B7000
Mar 31, 2010
Eugene, Oregon
I've had a B7000 for some twenty years. It has almost always had a varying whirring worbling sound when in top gear at speed. Now it's doing it in 2nd and almost in first. It sounds like a dry bushing or bearing. All fluids are topped up. It is hard to tell where it is coming from when siting on the tractor. Anyone have an idea of what it could be?

skikir

Equipment
B7000
Mar 31, 2010
Eugene, Oregon
Well, it seems I've stumped the masses. I figured it out anyway. It seems there is a bushing (nylon?) on the tube that protects the front drive shaft. The tube is not supported at the top except for this bushing and rides on the drive shaft and it seems it have gone dry or warn out. Anyway I got up under the tractor and squirted oil up on and above it on the drive shaft to run down into the bushing. All quiet on the tractor front. It sound like a new tractor again.

Reactions: 2 users

tomashaig

Equipment
kubota 7000d and 6100
Well, it seems I've stumped the masses. I figured it out anyway. It seems there is a bushing (nylon?) on the tube that protects the front drive shaft. The tube is not supported at the top except for this bushing and rides on the drive shaft and it seems it have gone dry or warn out. Anyway I got up under the tractor and squirted oil up on and above it on the drive shaft to run down into the bushing. All quiet on the tractor front. It sound like a new tractor again.
I also have a 7000d. I have snapped a front drive shaft and axle (front loader abuse ! ). Do you happen to know what legit models share the same chassis and/or axle ?