B7000 valve clearances or other ideas

RiddyDiddy

Equipment
B7000
Apr 22, 2011
Sussex, UK
I have just had the head skimmed on my b7000 and put on a new head gasket (that took some finding) but now it's doing NOTHING! :mad:

Does anyone know what the valve clearances should be for this model? Or can you think what I may have missed?

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
I have just had the head skimmed on my b7000 and put on a new head gasket (that took some finding) but now it's doing NOTHING! :mad:

Does anyone know what the valve clearances should be for this model? Or can you think what I may have missed?
Could you be more specific as to what doing nothing is?
Dave

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
If you had the head milled, you MUST adjust the valves. They may not even be closing as the geometry has changed. Sorry I don't have the specification for the lash.
Also the injectors were out yeah? and now MUST be bled.
Adjust the valves, then bleed the injectors. Do not bleed the injectors to get it running. Running it without the valves set after milling the head with burn the valves in short order.

Topi

Equipment
B1200, B1700
Sep 12, 2011
Finland
If you had the head milled, you MUST adjust the valves. They may not even be closing as the geometry has changed. Sorry I don't have the specification for the lash.
Also the injectors were out yeah? and now MUST be bled.
Adjust the valves, then bleed the injectors. Do not bleed the injectors to get it running. Running it without the valves set after milling the head with burn the valves in short order.
engine overhaul
http://www.sailingboatefaki.gr/Engine Manuals.htm