B7000 - tiller connection question

middo

Equipment
B7000
Oct 4, 2015
Geraldton, WA, Australia
Hi All,

New to the forum here. I have a B7000 with a factory tiller (or rotary hoe as we call it locally), which I have unfortunately damaged due to my own negligence.

The problem is that one of the universal joints in the double joint assembly that passes power from the PTO on the tractor to the tiller came loose, with disastrous consequences. One end of the joint (the tiller end) has been bent out of shape badly enough that I cannot see it being put back. The universal joint round holes are no longer round.

My question is really about part numbers. I would think that this assembly, or the individual parts, could be purchased. Does anyone know what part numbers these are? The local solutions I have been offered involve much longer assemblies, so consequently more fabrication of mounts and linkages. I would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks in advance everyone.

middo

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Hi All,

New to the forum here. I have a B7000 with a factory tiller (or rotary hoe as we call it locally), which I have unfortunately damaged due to my own negligence.

The problem is that one of the universal joints in the double joint assembly that passes power from the PTO on the tractor to the tiller came loose, with disastrous consequences. One end of the joint (the tiller end) has been bent out of shape badly enough that I cannot see it being put back. The universal joint round holes are no longer round.

My question is really about part numbers. I would think that this assembly, or the individual parts, could be purchased. Does anyone know what part numbers these are? The local solutions I have been offered involve much longer assemblies, so consequently more fabrication of mounts and linkages. I would like to avoid that if possible.

middo
Hi would you be able to post a picture of the damaged shaft and yoke?

middo

Equipment
B7000
Oct 4, 2015
Geraldton, WA, Australia
Here is the connector. It is about 230 mm from end to end, I guess a little bit over 11 inches, and has a six spline ending. I looked locally for a replacement of any type (not a Kubota supplier), but the best they could do was about 350 mm long.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
from what I see there, it looks like one cap has come out of the left U joint. Take it to a drive line shop, chances are that it can be put back together relatively cheaply. (maybe the other side looks worse, IDK, but I have a local shop that puts all mine back together, as my eyes ain't good enough to put the silly things back together, like I usedta...) :D:D

middo

Equipment
B7000
Oct 4, 2015
Geraldton, WA, Australia
from what I see there, it looks like one cap has come out of the left U joint. Take it to a drive line shop, chances are that it can be put back together relatively cheaply. (maybe the other side looks worse, IDK, but I have a local shop that puts all mine back together, as my eyes ain't good enough to put the silly things back together, like I usedta...) :D:D
The other side is significantly out of round, and the yoke itself is splayed outwards by about 10mm. More pics...

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
A good drive line shop may still be able to help. Looks like all you need is one end, and the U-joint cross...:D:D

middo

Equipment
B7000
Oct 4, 2015
Geraldton, WA, Australia
Unfortunately where I live, a good driveline shop is 400 kms away. Hence why I am asking if it is possible to get a part number. I can then order it in via post, or else I will need to do some fabricating on the rotary hoe, which is not my first choice.

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Hi All,

middo
Hi Middo seeing the picture yes you have a problem, but your saying that there is a joint that you can buy locally but it's too long so why can't you shorten your shaft?