B7000 overheat whistle

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota B7000 Cub Cadet 1782 Cub Cadet 78D York Three point rake Woods RM 400 mo
Asking anyone that has a B6000 or a B7000 that does not use the water pump to circulate the water. The temp gauge seems to be a whistle in the overflow hose.
Looking for the correct placement of this temp warning whistle.
like a steam kettle about to boil.

Anyone have a photo where it bolts on??

Last edited:

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
I was always sceptical of being able to hear these whistles until the first time mine went off due to a rad plugged with dandelion fluff. Even at 7/8 throttle rototilling I heard it no problem.

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
I was always sceptical of being able to hear these whistles until the first time mine went off due to a rad plugged with dandelion fluff. Even at 7/8 throttle rototilling I heard it no problem.
trying to find out where this high priced whistle bolts to at the end of the overflow hose right side of the radiator

Would you have a photo where it is bolted to ??

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I just remember it attached to the end of the overflow tube. The tube was next to the radiator and held in place with a couple of clips formed on the side of the radiator body.

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
I just remember it attached to the end of the overflow tube. The tube was next to the radiator and held in place with a couple of clips formed on the side of the radiator body.
I always thought it was a round button pushed into the overflow hose
This is what I got looks like maybe a bolt that holds the fan shroud would hold this ?? Or should it sit level.

Attachments

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
thank you horizontal and bolted to the support frame
Thank you Joe. All I have to to do is keep those little mud dappers out of the slot.

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
I thank everyone for the help on finding one and the position to install it.
Left side no option Right side only easy place was the fan shroud bolt lower right side. It sticks out
but is behind the front axle and inside the front tire. It is level but the photos show different. If all goes well I will never hear it go off. IMG_0792.JPG IMG_0793.JPG The Black cub Cadet weight mount will hold 5 Cub Cadet or Deer weights. Just needed a few spacers to fit the frame.