B6200 Hydraulic issues

capekubota

Jan 11, 2017
canada
Two problems I hope you can help me with:

Problem 1
In checking the hydraulic oil in my geared b6200, I noticed that the oil was whitish...it ended up being very bubbly or frothy. This was just after being used.

The fluid was just changed last month, but this is the first time I used the tractor since I changed the seals in the 3 put hitch piston, so maybe that’s where the air came from???

Problem 2

I also just installed a new front snowblower b2551, which uses the hydraulic fluid for up and down. After attaching it, it seemed like the lever was working incorrectly. If you push it forward, the blower would lift. Pull it back, and the blower would drop.....that seemed the opposite of what it should be so I switched the hydraulic hoses on the piston. Now push ahead, it goes down, pull back it goes up. The problem now, is that if I pull the lever back until it ‘clicks’ or locks, the blower doesn’t raise. I have to just slightly pull the lever, until I reach a sweet spot where the blower raises...to far and it won’t. I am worried that the click or lock position is actually the float position, and I need to switch the hoses back the way they were.... Does this seem correct?

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The valve you are using to control the front blower obviously has a float position and a detent.

Where did this valve come from?
On some FEL's which have a float position, you push the lever for the lift arms way forward and it enters a position where there is no resistance to the movement up or down of the arms of the FEL. i.e. it is floating.

The dentent is so that you don't have to hold your hand on the valve lever while the hydraulic cylinder extends or retracts. Once the cylinder reaches the end of its stroke, the increased pressure kicks the detent off.

Can you plse confirm you have a double acting cylinder controlling your blower.

Dave

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thanks for the response Dave. It is the original valve for the blower. The parts diagram lists it as a single spool valve. I can tell you it has detects in both directions though...pics attached
If it s the original valve, it makes sense that when the blower was down you would want it in the float position so the blower is not lifting the front wheels off the ground and you loose steering.

You say "New" but I assume new to you.

I am trying to imagine a mounting of the valve body and the lever to see if it could be reversed that way. Picture the lever pivoting above the valve spool instead of below it as shown now. When you push the lever forward, it pushes the spool forward which would be the opposite of what is now occurring.

Is there a name on the valve body?

Your pictures were very dark. I lightened them but the resolution is too low to blow them up to see more detail on the valve body. Could you try and improve the photos of the valve. The cylinder is not important.

Where does the FEL valve supply come from and where does the return go?

Look this image over carefully. I think it shows how you can reverse what happens when you push the lever forward of pull backward

Dave

Dave

Last edited:

gwoade

Equipment
B6100E w/ QH10, 48"MMM, drag harrow, lawn roller, RB1560, Super Apache Chipper
Aug 15, 2016
Colchester, CT, USA
As far as the oil being whitish, could be either air or water. If you pull a sample after using your implement and let it settle out that'll tell you if it's air or water.