B6100 value

bahmi

Aug 18, 2010
willington, conn. usa
Got a look-see tomorrow on a B6100DT, 4 WD, standard tranny, good rubber, 2200 hours. Guy wants 3200, seemed a little pricey to me. It's in nice shape with good tin, good rubber, but only has the snow plow out front. Is 2200 hours getting long in the tooth for this? Starts good, runs good. Been a bit tough to sell this unit over the last month or so. Saw it up north in Maine.

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
If the tractor did not have an hour meter(many do not)and you did not know how many hours were on it would you still consider purchasing this machine, Price varies from area to area and from time to time, Price also varies on how much someone really wants something and is willing to pay for it.
You must ask yourself a few simple questions.
1. Does the tractor fit your needs, Meaning is it big or small enough to do the duties you ask of it.
2. Will you eventually need to purchase something bigger.
3.This machine has a snow plow,Do you need a snow plow or do you need a machine with a loader.
4.Will you be able to find attachments and accessories to readily fit this machine.

Personally and for my use and my area the $3200 may seem a little high but is the seller open to any negotiatin on the price.

Weigh the pluses and minuses and determine if this will fit your needs or if six months to a year from now you will be looking for something with more capabilities

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
As cmorningstar01 mentioned:

something is ONLY worth what someone is WILLING to give!

tiger9297

Equipment
B7100HST-D w/ Bush Hog FEL
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
In my opinion the price seems a little high for a tractor with that many hours. Having said that, I see B6100's go for that much around here, and many times closer to around $4k. However, I personally wouldn't buy a tractor with 2200 hours. That's just too much time for me. Just a personal preference of course.