B6000E hydraulic problems

KennyH

Equipment
Kubota B6000E
Sep 6, 2009
Bronson, FL
Hi, all I am new to the forums and recently purchased my very first Kubota tractor. It is a B6000E. So far I have done a bit of maintenance on it (replacing fluids, filters, replaced front seal in engine and repaired a leaking radiator). The tractor runs great now that I rewired the fuel pump (it wasn't even working when I got it and the tractor would still run!). The problem I am having now is with the hydraulics. I have drained and replaced the fluid, cleaned the filter and adjusted everything I can find without any luck. I am going to be using the tractor primarily for leveling my driveway and backyard (I have about one acre of land). I purchased a 5' scrape blade to do this with (King Kutter XB 191lbs). I think the hydraulics should be more than capable to lift it but it doesn't. It will lift maybe one inch and that is it. I have done alot of work on cars/trucks but I have never been into a tractor hydraulic system. Do you guys have ideas where I should look first? It there a pump rebuild it? I have a schematic for the tractor and it appears that many orings are involved and with the tractor being 30+ years old I would think these need to be replaced, just don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi Kenny

Its pretty hard to tell what maybe wrong. One thing i would check is the valve between your legs isn't in the wrong position. There is a valve as shown in the picture below and when its turned one way it stops the hydraulic 3 point linkage from working and allows an external hydraulic circuit to operate.
You could try this valve in different directions and see if it makes a difference.

Hope this helps.

Cheers John

Attachments

KennyH

Equipment
Kubota B6000E
Sep 6, 2009
Bronson, FL
Hey guys,thanks for the replies. It does not appear that I have an aux diverter valve on my tractor. I have attached some pics below. Please LMK what you think.

What I don't understand is that I had my dad stand on the lift arms and the hydraulics would raise and lower him without any problems (he weighs about 200lbs) but it will not lift the scrape blade. I am thinking it has something to do with the fact that the blade is out away from the tractor quite a bit, I am not sure. Am I expecting too much from the tractor? :confused:

Last edited:

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi Kenny

Something is wrong. The B6000 will lift 360kgs (795lbs) at the tip of the three point linkage arms. So it should easily lift you blade at 190lbs.
You can check the service manual here for spec's.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=13142&highlight=B6000+manual

Just to clarify when your Dad stands at the end of the arms it can lift him up? but not your blade?

One thing is the lift arms have adjustable end points which stop the lift. Make sure when you have your blade attached that these are not hitting on something. Also see the manual in the link above - page 38.

Also when its trying to lift do you get a noise - i.e. is the hydraulic oil straining to lift it up or does it just stop dead?
Maybe also post some photo's of the implement attached to the tractor.

The other option might be that you pressure relief valve has been played with? But if it lifts your dad I don't know why its not lifting the implement.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers John

Attachments

KennyH

Equipment
Kubota B6000E
Sep 6, 2009
Bronson, FL
Thanks for the reply and information TopGear. Yes, my Dad could stand at the end of the lift arms and it could pick him up no problem. When I attach the blade, the system will lift it maybe one inch off the ground and stop. It does make a noise at this point like it is straining. Also, I did make adjustments to the lever in your thumbnail (assuming relief valve) but am not sure where these two adjustments should be set at. I will post some pics tomorrow of the blade attached to the tractor and look at the lift arms to see if I can find the adjustments, maybe it is hitting on something and I just have not noticed it yet? :confused:

Virus

Equipment
B6000
Nov 9, 2010
jacksonville,fla.
remove the three bolts holding this cover on and either change the spring,
or add some washers in 1/16 inch increments. I think all it is doing is by passing.
I added washers to mine and now it will raise either the load or the front of the
tractor with no problem.

chip

Equipment
B6000
Oct 28, 2009
Danbury, Ct USA
I had the same problem with my B6000 and I solved the problem very easy. The ball joints on my lower lift arms were not rolling free and the arms were binding, I put a lot of oil on them to turn easily and now it works fine. I hope your fix is as easy as this. I sounds like a binding issue if it lifts a person.