B6000E 4WD w/tiller

Hans

Equipment
B6000
Aug 3, 2011
Everett, Wa
Gray market B6000.

The good:

Runs great. Glow plugs don't heat so it starts just a little slow in the cold. Warms up fast, no smoke. Dynamo works great, cooling system works great. Hydraulics work great (tiller lift cylinder). All gears good, PTO speeds good, etc. All newer fluids and filters. Good rear tires, front leaked air but after being slimed have been fine for two years. New tiller tine set has about 25 hours on it. No more than 40. It has the 48" wide center-drive tiller on it. Have all the 3pt arms/links to run cat1 implements. Super economical to run these 12.5 Horses - at full load I was averaging just under 2 qts/hour.

The not-as-good:

Steering box is cracked pretty bad due to water intrusion and then freezing. I understand these are still available but not laying around everywhere. I haven't been looking too hard, as I was just going to weld up a plate over the crack and keep going. The steering seems to work fine, it's just that the box won't hold oil.
Looks like it's been sitting outside because it has.
Right side seal on the tiller shaft weeps. I just keep adding oil as is necessary. It doesn't take a lot.

Tractor was used for soil prep in a multi-acre vegetable garden. Did great, but our operation expanded in size and I had to upgrade tractors to a few more horses. This great little 'Bota has been in semi-retirement for the last year, and I have to admit I probably won't use it again.

Could make a great tractor for somebody that is willing to put the time in to find or repair the steering box. Maybe even a good tractor for parts for someone. That would be too bad, though - it's a great unit that has served me very well.

$1800 firm. Delivery available anywhere in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Western Montana (maybe even southern BC, if you can help me figure out how to get it across the border without a hassle) for fuel (and a cheap hotel if it's that far), or you can pick it up from the farm. This will fit in the back of an 8' truck bed.

Still looking for more pics that I can post, but should have some more up this weekend. Tractor is located in Everett, WA.

Hans

Last edited: